Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 09:33AM

Fraud. Fraud, fraud, fraud, fraud, fraud. (Funny word when you keep spelling it like that.) Par for the course, another Mormon faces felony fraud charges. This douche even got a mentally and physically disabled woman to sign over her home. I wonder how long it will take before he comes a mission president. It seems he has all the right stuff.

Disclaimer: No, I don't KNOW that he's Mormon. But I believe it, so therefore I know it must be true. And besides, he's a Provo city councilman, and I think that Mormonism is a prerequisite of the job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 09:45AM

Did you pray about it?

Ron

Date: July 28, 2011 09:57AM

Jebus witnessed to me that it must be true.

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:55PM

Posted by: SlumLord ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 10:15AM

I was in this guy's ward when I was newly married. He bought a bunch of older homes and rented them out, living in one of them himself. He was a member of the bishopric soon after I left, and then was elected to the Provo city council shortly afterward. Definitely a character with a slick personality, which it appears he used to prey on the weak and gullible.

Posted by: Provo Girl ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 10:35AM

This b@stard is also "currently serving as a high council member in the Provo Bonneville Stake of the LDS Church."

You can read about all the charages leveled against him at:

Read more: http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/central/provo/article_341120bc-b8a7-11e0-a5e9-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1TPWaDxzu

This is a long time coming. Glad they finally filed charges!

Posted by: SlumLord ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 03:15PM

I was in your same ward!!! I lived in the Eastgate townhomes. Another interesting fact about this ward is that John Gee became bishop of it. Yes the same John Gee who has a degree in Egyptology from the University of Chicago and is the church's hired gun in its defense of the Book of Abraham. I too was a young full of myself TBM and admired both of these guys while I was there. Sorry if I was a dick to you as well.

Posted by: Anon cuz of details ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 11:46AM

I was in this weasel's ward about 13 years ago, when he was younger and just starting out. He was pompous and arrogant and condesending. I remember his equally repulsive wife giving a lesson in relief society about financial wellness. The lesson was all about HER, and THEIR super smart and obediant planning and how they were blessed, yadda yadda, yadda. Meanwhile, I knew that they owed the business my husband worked for a bunch of money, and the business was gonna take them to court to have to get it.
I also remember that he was in the bishopbric then, and my husband told me of other weasely behavior. His wife was in the young women's presidency. She was talking about my family and that we worked on Sunday, and that we were just doing it to get a fancy car. She sent one her councelors over to me to make a shitty comment about it.

I've remembered them for years. They were the typicals arrogant young TBMs that thought they were entitled to rich and snooty lifestyle because of their superficial obediance.

It's nice to see people get what they deserve!!!!

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 05:09PM

You SO need to send them some sort of communique'.

"What the hell happened to you people? You used to bash us poor, unworthy souls. At least we weren't thieves."

..or something to that effect.

Righteous!

Ron

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 12:01PM

Turley is a big Mormon name. Sad to say this guy is probably related to me somehow. Any bets he retains his Stake High Council position as he was almost certainly paying tithing on all those illegal proceeds.

Date: July 28, 2011 01:58PM

who, despite being imprisoned for the Bonneville Pacific Corp. scandal, was just made a mission president. One can't forget that--scandal and imprisonment aside--lots of the embezzled and otherwise fraudulent money went to the LDS church. I wonder how these guys sleep at night.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:54PM

On a big pile of money, with many beautiful women.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 12:13PM

Innocent until / unless proven quilty...

It's Best for the accused AND for society.

Watch: I bet this guy (NO RELATION) cops a plea.

ChurchCo 'should' let this guy "serve" until/unless, BECAUSE they 'hold the keys to Everyone's Exaltation', Right?

Example to others? Who Cares (/cynicism)

Posted by: m ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:39PM

From the Daily Herald

"He is currently serving as a high council member in the Provo Bonneville Stake of the LDS Church."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.