Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 11:23PM

I like to watch "Ancient Aliens" to see how bizarre it can get. Tonight's episode was about the Old West and aliens. I nearly fell laughing from my chair when Mormonism was brought into the mix! Seems like Moroni wasn't just an angel, he was a star being from the Pleides to give ole Joe the plates! His visit to Joseph in 1823 was mentioned too. Then apparantly when Brigham had arrived to Utah in 1849 (no it was 1847) some Ute indian chief met up with Brigham, pointed to a petroglyph and said, "You're in the house of the Lord" or something like that.

Seriously, I am going to do some research on this stuff and see where they got this shit. It's so hilarious. ROTFLMAO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 11:35PM

Remember when the used to have programs about history on the History Channel?

Date: July 28, 2011 11:49PM

I barely remember that

Date: July 28, 2011 11:56PM

Yeah, it has been a while. I suppose an occasional program on ancient aliens is approriate. It is possible that earth has been visited and been influenced by ETs, but they are carrying it to ridiculous extremes. There are a lot simpler explanations out there and no really compelling evidence. Discussing the possibility is one thing, but they have it on constantly. I used to watch the History Channel all the time. Now I hardly watch it at all.

Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 05:20PM

bona dea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember when the used to have programs about
> history on the History Channel?

You mean about Hitler?

Date: July 29, 2011 05:34PM

Yeah, but Hitler is actual history unlike aliens although for a while they might have been the Hitler Channel since that is all they showed.

Date: July 29, 2011 05:36PM

Please tell me they didn't really have a program about Jesus as an alien! Please! LOL

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 11:40PM

My mom has some weird quote from Brigham Young about extraterrestrials - I'll have to get it from her and post it. I can't remember what it said but my mom was into all sorts of weird stuff in the 70s before she converted... like psychics and crystals and ET and end of the world prophecy. She was just perfect in waiting for the Mormons.

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 12:09AM

Here is one quote:

"Who can tell us of the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening called the moon? ...when you inquire about the inhabitants of that sphere you find that the most learned are as ignorant in regard to them as the ignorant of their fellows. So it is in regard to the inhabitants of the sun. Do you think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No question of it; it was not made in vain," Brigham Young (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, p. 217).

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 12:41AM

Long before Sputnik, even...

Posted by: NathanS ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 01:52AM

When I saw that, I seriously broke laughing, they've gone this far to try and explain things, whats next? "Obviously cookie monster met an E-T and..."

Just a while before watching this episode, I watched one saying Hitler had extra-terrestrial help.

Seriously.

Posted by: missguided ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 02:00AM

Ah, well yes, aliens help us all the time because we are all obviously too stupid to figure out things ourselves.
Its like the mid-evil peasants saying 'magic dunit' whenever something doesnt match up or isnt theoretically possible.
Egyptian pyaminds? Aliens! How we got here? Alieeeeennnnns! U.S debt size? ALIENS!!!

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 02:06AM

That's what the Pleiadian's do. They forge ludicrously shallow holy books of scripture to test the gullibility of Earthlings. When they do that, they almost always team up with shape-shifters from Draco. In this case that would be Joseph Smith. The Dracos (reptilian alians) like to seduce earth women in massive quantities and use religious cover stories to do so.

Next episode: Hidden camera in Church Office Building records image of Monson removing his latex mask. Be cautioned. This upcoming episode contains disturbing images and may not be suitable for young children.

;o)

Date: July 29, 2011 02:10AM

haha thats awesome! reminds me of Captain Amerca and that one guy with the face lol

Date: July 29, 2011 02:23AM

The answer is yes and no. He was a shapeshifter, but shapeshifting ability declines with age. He can no longer shapeshift at will and that's apparently why he needs the latex mask. But this brings up another question. We know how scary his mask is, i.e. the face that he wears out in public. So how much scarier must be the true visage of the reptilian revelator of Mormonism?? The true visage will cause those who gaze upon it to violently convulse with fear.

These things I do testify of with every fiber of my beans. ;o)

Date: July 29, 2011 02:16AM

Like I said, I have pretty much given up on the History Channel so I have a question. Why on earth would the Pleiadian Moroni come all the way to earth to give gold plates to a kid in NY state and why would the plates contain a boring story such as the BofM?You think the plates , after all that trouble, might have something worthwhile to say instead of a silly story about ancient inhabitants of America who were really displaced Jews.

Date: July 29, 2011 02:30AM

It's a kind of herding device. To perpetrate their alien agenda, they need to first identify and then organize the most gullible members of a society. For this purpose, they have developed the Lameassatronic Pseudoscripturo Technique, which, in layman's terms, is a technique in which the lamest bullshit story imaginable is contrived in conjunction with the introduction of the most stupefying bogus collection of "ancient" scriptural texts imaginable. And then people are asked to believe in it and pay money to be members of an organization of people who get up each week and declare their "knowledge" of the truthfulness of it.

This is how they identify and organize the required army of the gullible.

;o)

Date: July 29, 2011 02:39AM

Ah, now it all makes sense.

Date: July 29, 2011 02:22AM

I miss the normal History Channel...now it has like reality Tv and this kind of crap. Such a shame. No wonder kids are failing history classes more these days (cnn.com)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 02:38AM

And btw, why not Star #8675309 or Barnard's Star? Why does it have to be the Pleides?

I haven't had TV in years, but I remember when the History Channel used to have shows about actual history.

Date: July 29, 2011 02:42AM

It used to be all about Hitler, but at least it was real. Now it is Ancient Aliens, Nostradamus, Ice Road Truckers and Top Gear.

Date: July 29, 2011 02:47AM

Dont forget american pickers! at least that one makes sense...who wants to watch truckers drive their...trucks?

Date: July 29, 2011 02:50AM

Not me. Maybe I am missing something, but that sounds like a real snooze fest. History International is a little better. They actually have an occasional show that touches on, GASP!, history.

Date: July 29, 2011 03:58AM

Here's our trucker.

He's got a cup of coffee. He's turning the key in the ignition. It's a big truck. Pulling into traffic. Easing onto the highway.

Now we're cruising...still cruising.... This is a big truck. Still cruising... still cruising.... It uses diesel. Truck driver is overweight. Says it's an occupational hazard. Lots of hours just sitting behind the wheel. Still cruising....still cruising....

OMG!!! What was that???

Did you see the size of that bug? Made a mess all over upper-right side of the windshield. Now we get to watch big-truck windshield wipers in action. This is exciting! There they go. Fwap, fwap, fwap, fwap.... Another squirt of the high powered windshield washing liquid squirty thingy. Fwap, fwap, fwap, fwap....

This is a big truck. Still cruising...still cruising....

-----

Yep, I haven't seen it. But I can imagine pretty much how it goes. The fact that any significant portion of the American population spend a significant amount of time watching such stuff on TV may explain a lot about the state of affairs in the U.S. ;o)

Date: July 29, 2011 04:10AM

Well, since it is 'Ice Road Truckers', I assume there is some slipping, getting stuck and wrecking involved, but still it isn't anything I want to see. I can see that on my way to work in the winter and I don't have to pay cable fees and nobody tries to pass it off as history.

Date: July 29, 2011 04:39AM

Cruising...still cruising...sliding...still sliding...jack-knifing...overturning...loud noise.

But, like you, I get enough of that drama with my own real-life driving and trying to prevent the "loud noise" conclusion from occurring. ;o)

Date: July 29, 2011 04:50AM

Someday, when I am really bored, I am going to watch a little bit of it just to see if it as bad as it sounds. There has got to be more to it than that or people wouldn't watch. At least I hope they wouldn't.

Date: July 29, 2011 10:41AM

Omg u just made me squirt OJ out my nose! LOL :D

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 03:02AM

I remember when every generation surpassed the previous generation in education, arts, music, science. Just look around and you realize we are sliding down the other side of a civilization.

If they had actual History on TV, people would immediately recognize the cyclical nature of societies rising and falling with idealism fueling creative bursts of artistic and scientific progress, greed ruining it all, and the sliding down the other side back into an agricultural society protecting ourselves from barbarian gangs.

Our country has been sacked, just like ancient Rome and we're watching it on TV. Yeah, you can't pay the bills if you're money's been stolen. We really need some aliens to come and bring crystals-- make that dyethyline crystals and let's just set sail for a new land and start over with rules that protect us from the idiot government. Oh, we already did that.

Too bad we've run out of unexplored land on earth and we just retired our spaceship. Maybe the elite used that 3 Trillion they took from the Pentagon on 9/11 to build their own space ship and they'll make sure their descendants survive.

Maybe the aliens (or Jesus, your choice) have come before and saved us and they'll come again?

Sad, just sad.

Anagrammy

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 03:59AM

Hahaha I just accidentally posted that not seeing your post! It got me laughing too! So ridiculous.

Date: July 29, 2011 10:05AM

That's okay. I've seen multiple postings on the same subject a lot.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 10:32AM

The History Channel has gone so downhill. I hardly watch it anymore. It went from the WWII/Hitler Channel to the Jesus-was-the-Son-of Aliens-and-the-Family-Cat Channel.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.