Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:17AM

As NormaRae points out, Jebus was supposedly a Semite from the Middle East--2000 years ago. I'm not sure what he looked like then. Did Jews look like they do now after a huge infusion of European blood? Did they look more like Yasser Arafat? More like David ben Gurion? My guess is that we could probably not hazard an accurate guess, but we know he was not white, nor was he black. I'll say he was "a person of color," and be safe with that.

Was he good-looking? All the modern pictures of Jebus insist that he was. Certainly there's no guarantee. Even if he was a person of great charisma, so was Joseph Smith, and we know he wasn't such a catch. Jebus may have been a short guy with tightly coiled hair and bandy legs. What do we know? What's your best guess? Mormon-like?

Just askin'. I've always wanted to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:31AM

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/1282186

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 01:32AM by robertb.

Date: July 30, 2011 11:28AM

(I had to write "Pak*stan," because like "Qatar" used to be, it's a banned word on RfM. No one knows why.)

(PS: You can say shit or fuck all you want to, so don't be afraid to say fuck-fuck-fuck or even shit-fuck. Pig-dog is okay, too, as are bollocks and bugger and sod. Don't say Pak*stan--it's right out.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 11:32AM by cludgie.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:48AM

He'd look like that hot Chicano in Lady Gaga's "Judas". Hate the song, love the Jesus!

Edit- Perdon me...El Jesus muy caliente!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 01:49AM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:53AM

He'd look like one of those guys off the Matrix. or Men in Black.

Or he'd be a raptor. ;)

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 06:15AM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 09:11AM

Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 09:40AM

For the life of me I can't remember the Bible verse (or the wording of it) that says He wouldn't be all that great looking. I don't think He'd have been terribly ugly either. He was probably average looking so that His appearance wouldn't detract from His message. And, yes, I imagine that He had a Middle Eastern appearance rather than a European one.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 10:48AM

according to the bible..... Jesus was so *ordinary looking* that judas had to go and single him out to the guards.

Posted by: Willie Martin ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 09:46AM

Probably looked like a cross between Bob Dylan and Amy Winehouse only with darker skin.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 09:48AM

A white guy with a beard. Exactly like the paintings in all TSCC ward building foyers. Just saying....

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 12:39PM

sitting up against a tree in a forest area, thinking pensively, with majestic mountains in the background.

Hey, at Deseret Book, you can see that Jesus has posed in lots of non-middle east areas.

At least with Jesus, we can all guess what he looks like. Now... take a look at how TSSC portrays Emma... and then find authentic pictures of her.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 10:09AM

He was probably Jewish looking, olive skinned, shorter hair and quite ordinary but in good shape. He was only 33 or 34 when he died and worked carpentry:

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
I Corin 11:14

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Isa 53:2-3

Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 10:43AM

So now he looks like bones and dust.

Posted by: dane ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 10:56AM

The whole idea of Jebus is just that.. ideas put together to try to control people.

Love is wrapped up in the those ideas as a red herring. Fear is the real base for religion. If you can get people to fear for their lives or salvation, you can control them and they will give you their time, talents, and everything which they have (which includes their money).

What a great scam religion is.

Date: July 30, 2011 11:34AM

Someone will let out his Jesus dogs out on you.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 11:39AM

When I was in my teens, I think, I remember in sacrament meeting someone telling this story.

An important artist had been commissioned to do a portrait of Jesus by the church, and when it was done, President David O. McKay was the first to see it. After taking it in, he turned to the artist, and told him it was beautiful. However, he went on, looking at the artist in a very knowing way and a twinkle in the eye, and said, "by the way, His eyes are blue." The obvious implication being that Davey-O had personal knowledge.

You could feel the communal AAAHHHHH rushing through the pews with the saints being let in on this particular secret!

Blue eyes--yeah, right!

Posted by: greekgod ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 11:44AM

I know, for real. Jesus has red, glowing eyes. Just ask that drug addict I contact in the ghetto during my mission. She saw him while he was creeping by her bedroom window.

Silly bedroom invader Jesus.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 12:38PM

I heard that it was SWK - same story.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:07PM

I'm glad you heard it too. I think the details change but the legendary tale lives on--or maybe I remember the wrong prophet.

At my father's funeral, I heard the same "dead kid asking dying grandpa to be his missionary companion in the spirit world" story that was going around just before I went on my mission. The SP said he had been called upon by the spirit to tell it in a tone that made it sound like a real time direct revelation.

Let me tell you, it really sounds different 40 some years later when heard through apostate ears.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 02:02PM

Yep!
Had that FPR secreted over the pulpit a few times.

Of course we were all running our fingers through it and glopping it onto our shield of faith to make it stronger.

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 12:55PM

Aloof?

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:31PM

Although the ass-kissers have been prepared to take it as 'humble'?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 02:09PM

I heard the blue eyes story as well, but my guess is that Jesus would have had olive skin and brown eyes.

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 02:18PM

....he now has blue eyes, white skin and is clean shaven.

When I saw him (like JS and Martin Harris etc, with 'my spiritual eyes') he looked surprisingly like a picture I had of him in my home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.