Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hobbs ( )
Date: August 03, 2011 09:58PM

Second time in one week. Accompanied by a call from an old friend from the ward who hadn't touched base in over a year. We've been "out" for 5 years, officially resigning about 6 months ago. This was the first time any elders have stopped by, and now twice in 2 weeks. I politely told them we're not affiliated with the church any longer and they probably don't want to hear what I'd have to say if we spoke, but that they could come by some weekend if they really wanted to hear it. They seemed quite surprised. I felt sorry for them b/c they're obviously as clueless as I was when I was a missionary.

So is my family being targeted? Should I have invited them in to give them a clear directive to the bishop and the mission president to take us off the list?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 03, 2011 10:00PM

the lack of preparation is nothing short of APPALLING; it's a Giant Invitation for FAILURE...

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 04:42AM

They didn't bother me when I resigned (I specifically requested no contact). The only time they came by was two years later wanting fast offerings. I just plainly told them "we're not mormon" and left it at that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.