Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 08:54PM

Pardon me if this has already been posted about.

The purpose of the MDL is to correct misperceptions and misrepresentations about the church. The group is sponsored by FAIRS.

What a joke! Every time they try to rewrite their history/doctrine, they shoot themselves in the foot, again and again and again . . . .

http://mdl.org/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: emanon (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 09:16PM

KSL is saying MDL is "designed to help journalists, political operatives and others better understand the faith. The Mormon Defense League aims to dispel myths and explain the history, theology and other aspects of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, co-founder Scott Gordon said." "You can take any religion or beliefs and look at the doctrine and find ways to make them look silly. We're going to try and fill in the context and the gaps." - Scott Gordon"

Posted by: emanon (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 09:18PM

How does magic underwear not look silly?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 06:50PM

Posted by: zulu1 ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 07:25PM

don't know what to say except a brief text...OMFG! OMFG!!! C-U-L-T.........

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 01:43AM

How about "League of Unextraordinary Gentlemen" or "Nephi's Mental Masturbation Club"?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 01:54AM

I think the name "Mormon Defense League" is regrettable. It conjures up images of pissed-off Mormons terror-bombing their enemies.

I think that they will be caught in their many lies for the Lord, though. You can see it already, as someone here pointed out, how they claim that Mormons don't teach that Satan was the brother of Jesus, when according to the book Gospel Principles Mormons clearly teach this.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 07:17PM

MDL reminds me of the ADL, Anti Defamation League, runs by some American Jews.

So what's next, laws passed in DC (like those pushed by AIPAC) outlawing criticism of Mormons, and laws against boycotting Mormons, or Utah?

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 02:03AM

What an amateurish looking site ... looks like someone created it from a template in five minutes, lol.

Same old arguments. "We don't teach that anymore!" Etc.

Posted by: Timmy ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 02:14AM

Oddly enough, when I read the whole "context and the gaps" thing, I laughed a bit inside.

This is going to be interesting. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. I wish to be a fly on the inside.

Please pardon the post. I left the cult a long time ago. I come here for the humor.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 06:48AM

My all time fav was a FAIR or FARMS article rebutting the argument that Smith probably had sex with his plural wives. It conceded that he did have sex with ONE of them and that the evidence for several others was inconclusive. Meanwhile it had no evidence that Smith DIDN'T have sex with any of them.

I loved mormonanswerguy's youtube drivel about why it wasn't racist at all to ban blacks from the priesthood, you see, because Jesus banned gentiles from the gospel in the new testament...uh huh...and that's the same how?

Then the boards been abuzz with church PR man Otterson saying we're not a cult because cults are mind-controlling, authoritarian, secretive...uh, that's what we meant buddy.

I left the articles saying to myself "No further questions your honor".

All the pro-LDS sources out there are a gold mine of backfiring arguments, I hope they do it more and more. They dig their own pit.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 06:50AM

M.D.L.

Mormons Definitely Lying

Posted by: jiminy cricket ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 07:59AM

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 09:42AM

the inaccurate statements made by the Mormon Defense League?

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 01:33PM

As I recall LDS Inc attempted to control the media during the 2002 winter olympics. They sent pre-written articles in a phony looking briefcase/file to the news outlets and journalists with positive spin for the Church.

The church got laughed at.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.