Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 03:35PM

"Then with that enmity I will take the treasures of the earth, and with gold and silver I will buy up armies and navies, popes and priests, and reign with blood and horror on the earth!"

This part made my bosom burn and made me want to find a gal named "enmity" that I could do that cool shit with! Ronnie and Enmity, the Bonny and Clyde of the 21st Century!

Just sayin'...

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:13PM

will ever volunteer to paint Africa or do Australia's dishes. Pffft. Whatever.

Date: August 09, 2011 04:16PM

Just because Enmity won't give YOU the time of day, ya little bastard!

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 05:29PM

If only, Ron. If only.

Date: August 09, 2011 05:52PM

You only tease the ones you love yaknow. :)

Ron

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 08:05PM

Years later I had to admit that NONE of it made sense to me. Then after they removed about 50% of it, there were huge holes in the context. I kept a recommend but largely quit going. In my last ten years in the church I did not go but 3-4 times. Part of that was pay-back for having to attend so often when I was HPGL in the Odenton, MD, ward.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 11:19PM

It's been 30 years since I went through an endowment ceremony. Back in the good ol slit-your-throat-rip-you-heart-out days. Was it weird to anyone else but me to see Gordon Jump play one of the "go down" guys (can't remember which one) and then go home and turn on WKRP in Cincinnati and see the bumbling radio station manager?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 09:53PM

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:33PM

Now it's "Then with that enmity I will take the treasure of the earth, and with gold and silver I will buy up armies and navies, priests who oppress, and tyrants who destroy, and reign with blood and horror on the earth!"

I miss Lucifer's cool threat about needing to walk up to EVERY covenant we make that day, or (evil, threatening, satanic stare) I'll be in his power! That wasn't changed, btw. Gotta have the guilt and fear from the opposition God to keep us obedient and scared into submission.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 11:05PM

I always got kinda turned on and a little scared when Lucifer said that stuff...then it made me feel weird that I was affected in that way...very strange to think about it now.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 11:23PM

There was Michael Balin.

Then there was some cheesy black haired man with a goatee and mustache. I couldn't believe him in 1976 when I went through for my endowments for the first time. I thought you've got to be kidding me??? A stereotype? A cartoon inspired from the last century? I half expected a scene where he would burst in to the house twirling the end of his mustache and pronouncing in a sinister voice "I've come to take your daughter for the mortgage on the farm!" I couldn't imagine the TSCC thinking anyone taking him seriously in his role.

I liked the good looking sharp faced red head. He had a presence of brains and audacity. When he left he still had attitude, kind of like a raccoon does when he has to leave his road kill feast you've interrupted! He's leaving because he was forced to but he'll be back!

I'd been taught in Institute class that the power of Satan was he was every thing sensual, handsome and buff a woman would want. That's what made him so dangerous!

Too bad the TSCC couldn't cast a buff exotic dancer dude as Satan.... it would have made going to the temple a bit more entertaining, yes?????

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.