Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 08:59PM

RCMP members are going to Texas to look for Canadian girls in the FLDS compound. Canadian activists have been calling for this for many years. It's tragic to think of what may have happened to these young teen girls from Canada being trafficked to the USA to end up with Jeffs et al. Perhaps they can be reunited with family members up here (hopefully not with fathers and brothers who gave them away to pedophiles).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/08/09/bc-polygamy-rcmp-us.html

Excerpts:

"The RCMP is preparing to send investigators to the United States as they investigate allegations that child brides from the polygamous commune of Bountiful, B.C., were sent across the border to marry older men.

"Cpl. Dan Moskaluk of the RCMP said officers are preparing to send investigators to the U.S., particularly Texas, to locate Canadian girls who were sent to be brides.

"Neither of the two victims at the heart of Jeffs's convictions were from Bountiful, but his trial heard of a so-called "quorum of 12" underage brides, which prosecutor Eric Nichols said included two Canadians."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 08:59PM by Nightingale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:04PM

Bring 'em on!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:05PM

Dudley Doright, you are most welcome.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 10:03PM

gone missing from their families and communities and then turn up in Bountiful. Hello, UT attorney general?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 10:10PM

UT attorney general, aka church toady.

The LDS church members make much of their supposed sexual purity and chastity, but they actively protect polygamists in Utah from prosecution. Thus, they are co-conspirators with Jeffs, et al in raping young girls and boys. They have proven themselves to be the least moral of all peoples.

And every person who sends LDSInc. a tithing check is also a co-enabler of these crimes. And equally guilty.

Date: August 10, 2011 05:03AM

http://web.archive.org/web/20070719143759/http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/polygamy/The_Primer.pdf

This is a quote from the "Primer.pdf" for helping people help victims of polygamy. This is a bullet point from the "results session final paper" of a big convo of stakeholders and public servants in Utah/Arizona child protection, held in southern Utah in 2006. They supposedly set up:

"A Resource Center in Colorado City, Arizona is now housing Mohave County, Arizona and Washington County, Utah law enforcement officers, victim advocates, and staff for
the Arizona and Utah Attorneys General, Division of Developmental Services and Child Protective Services."

Hmmm...

So, my question is, in the 5 years since this border "resource center with cops and AG's" was established, what law enforcement has been done in CC? What investigations have taken place, and what indictments have been issued by the AG's?

Cuz I haven't heard of any...

Texas was able to get busy with this in a few years. But even with their long history with and intimate knowledge of CC and FLDS, where are UT and AZ? Nowhere.

Resource Center? Just more Mormon bs...

Date: August 10, 2011 05:23AM

And since we're on this subject, where is the hon. Orrin Hatch? You know, the guy who said that the folks in CC are great people, fine folks (and their checks clear). And he challenged back at those who want action on child abuse (paraphrase), "show me the evidence (of FLDS crimes), and then I will take action".

Well, Sen. Mr. Hatch? Got enough evidence yet? Jeffs trial not enough for you?

Time to put up or shut up, Hatch...

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 11:41AM

'tis true that they do not practice polygamy, but it is ONLY because of the legal hassles AND because the government took control of their assets back when they were secretly performing polygamous marriages.

Don't let them fool ya- they have no interest in prosecuting those who practice the religion of their fathers, except when it is expedient. Any claim of disapproval is purely political.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 11:30PM

Ought to be considered as well...

Too bad Arnold Friberg passed away last year. I would've sang his praises for doing a picture of this operation...

(Okay, anyone besides me think that's funny?)

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:09PM

Wow, I didn't get the correlation until I did a web search or two. I've learned something new today! It was cool to see some of his non-mormon work.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:52PM

I actually met Friberg two years ago or so at a local art show... My mother had two paintings in the exhibit; he had a whole room...

And my grandfather used to run an ad agency that featured Boise Cascade promos... I used to have a lot of little notepads with prints of Friberg's Mounties on them...

I loved them so much I actually hated the Dudley Do-Right spoof on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show when it first came out (Yeah, I'm that old).

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:50PM

Dudley Do-Rite and Sgt Preston of the Yukon, and his dog, Yukon King!

ANY mention of the RCMP, and I immediately picture the bright red uniform sitting on a horse.

I hope their searches are fruitful!

And I don't understand why the Texas compound was raided, while Colorado City and Hilldale sit undisturbed. Hello, Feds????

~VOW

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:57PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.