Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eldermalin ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:30AM

I haven't resigned yet and frankly I still use a few church resources and social events. It is amazing the online resources the church makes available and though I no longer have a testimony of temple ordinances for the dead I like the access I have to FamilySearch for my genealogy and also finding such tidbits of when Adolf Hitler got his endowments, etc.

Still I was reading how church discipline records are kept forever and over the weekend there was a post about a former ward clerk discovering a friend had been exed for adultery and rebaptized later. Truly the Lord will forgive and remember no more, but the church will remember and keep record forever.

(My ex-gf got to burn her's, but she was only locally disciplined. I got it far worse as an endowed priesthood holder whose Bishop has washed his hands clean of the mess)

From reading other past posts and bios these records will even come up with a member who is being considered for a high leadership position such as Bishop and Stake Presidency.

So for my personal experience I had a discipline trial a few months ago. Shortly afterwards I visited the temple with my recommend for a friend's wedding and got the flashing red screen of DO NOT ADMIT. This weekend when reading RFM they talked about photos of the ceremonial temple clothing at lds.org shopping so I decided to check it out. Was forced to login and then told I did not have permission. Apparently, you need an active temple recommend to access that section.

Interesting and creepy stuff, especially if you have an IT background.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:42AM

Sign of the times. Worthiness and IT all in one networked bundle. That's what God had in mind all right because, you know, he will not be mocked! (and has no power to stop the mocking which is plain to see because RfM is still here, so he needs those mock-stopping Mormons.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 09:46AM

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:38AM

I left in 2007 when they changed the TR so it would have a bar code.

Recently I was accused of "conspiracy theories" on this board when I mentioned you don't know what is on your TR bar code and who has access.

This story shows my greatest disgust with the bar code. You go through the 'court', serve your sentence and show up at the temple where the screen red flags you with "do not admit".

And this power over your TR can be generated by Bishop Asshat cutting you off because he doesn't like you and claims 'he had heard a rumor so he thought he'd cut off your TR until he could talk to you.' Never mind he knew you were out of town traveling to that distant wedding to be embarrassed by not being allowed in.

That is passive aggressive behavior at it's worst.
The BP could claim he didn't know you were out of town and he didn't have your cell phone number, only your house phone, or maybe he thought he'd 'see you at church on Sunday'.

It is all about power, gossip and control by the TSCC.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 09:25AM

Am I correct in assuming that nothing came of your love court since you still physically had your recommend? That is, no probation, disfellowshipment, or excommunication? If some sort of discipline was levied, then I could understand the red flags at the temple. If not, then some sort of discussion w/ your SP would be in order, as he is the one that would put a hold on your recommend.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 09:53AM

When they scan it, it tells them whether you are a desireable or not.

OR:

The spirit has been outsourced to the PR department and does not have time to warn the people at the desk of anyones unworthiness.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:49PM

How embarrassing. Did they stamp your head with an "L"?
I think this is one of the worst things I have ever heard and it is appalling. Bar codes on TR's. That's crazy stuff.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:26PM

I suppose they will be removing the locks from the lockers in the changing rooms of the temple. Everyone in there has a TR and verified worthy to be in the temple, so why do they now need locks?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.