Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: divorcedacrazymo ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 12:45PM

My son married his high school sweetheart a few years back. She was a TBM and her family was initially against them dating. But he is a fantastic kid, great athlete (possible NFL prospect) and they could not deny that. Anyway she was always taught that anything non MO is evil. Drinking and smoking was evil. After leaving for college she realized that people that drank were no different than her and found that a little partying could be fun. She eventually started to see the hypocrisy of the church and quit going after she married my son. She is now expecting and a family member (aunt) has said her baby will be born deformed or handicapped because she is now questioning the church. Fortunately she still see the hypocrisy and is not falling for the guilt trip. I dearly love some of my friends that are members of the church but I dearly hate the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 12:50PM

That is absolutely disgusting, and I hope she walks away with her hands over her ears, singing "Lalalalala, I can't hear you."

On the very, very OFF chance there is anything wrong with the baby, I hope she never sees her TBM family again, because they will literally beat her to death with it.

ALL BABIES are a blessing, and deserve only unconditional love and acceptance.

The TBM family has the biggest deformity of all: ignorance.

~VOW

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 12:52PM

I want to rip that lady's liver out and beat her with it. I can't believe anyone would actually SAY that to someone. Well...this is from a Mormon, so I guess I CAN believe it.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 12:53PM

But as Karen Armstrong quipped, what good is religion if you can't use it to condemn others?

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 12:56PM

I'd love to bite her but I'd prolly get rabies.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 12:57PM

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:01PM

I'd have turned around and said: "Oh, so that's what happend wiht yours."

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:19PM

nomilk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd have turned around and said: "Oh, so that's
> what happend wiht yours."

Brilliant comeback!
Personally, I don't know how that young woman didn't pound the old c$nt into the pavement.

Susan

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:33PM

Or maybe say "Oh, is that what YOUR mother did wrong that stuck you with all your defects?"

Posted by: hapeheretic ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:32PM

It sounds like the aunt is the one that is "handicapped", emotionally.

For a relative to say such a thing is just outrageously mean, and utterly ignorant.

People who have that kind of superior mindset are truly toxic. They claim to be part of the "true" church of Jesus Christ, but then go around judging everyone they see, completely contradicting what JC was supposed to be about.

I guess she felt the righteous right to caste the first stone.

Can't wait until the bread comes back on the water for that one.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:38PM

That is disgusting. I don't have any words other than that.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:39PM

Some had hinted that grandma went inactive while she was carrying you...

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:30PM

This is a horrible thing to say to anyone. would jesus say that. This makes me feel so bad and i don't even know the expectant mother. God bless her.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:42PM

And it is 100% certain that people who stay in the Church are mentally deficient.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:34PM

LOL!

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:52PM

People like your DIL's aunt are what the word "bitch-slap" is for, divorcedacrazymo. Glad to hear the young lady didn't let it get to her. Hope all goes well for her during the pregnancy, and I hope nobody else decides to open their pie-hole in front of her again!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:12PM

What a nice way to be happy for a young couple. Tell them their future baby will have problems. People are weird.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:34PM

And we think witches were from times past.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 04:42PM

I HOPE (for EVERYONE) that babies aren't born with FAS or other substance abuse problems...

Believe me, PLENTY ARE: EVERY DAY (I was married to a NICU nurse).

Posted by: mollienomore ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:12PM

My dear friend and her husband had their first child born fullterm and stillborn. Asshat bishop offered these words of comfort. Your baby died because you weren't worthy to have a celestial spirit. They weren't married in the temple. He said this in a blessing of comfort! She is now married in the house of handshakes with 4 living kids. Nuts!!!

Posted by: ldscam ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:16PM

Bad things happen to everyone. Boy, I would be pissed and have something to say about it.

On a side note- my old bishop and his wife were converts because they couldn't have children. So when a mormon told them they would be able to have children if they got baptized, they figured why not give it a try. They just had their SEVENTH.

I used to think of that story everytime I saw one of my favorite teachers at school. She couldn't have children for years and years. I never said anything about it and I'm out of highschool now. But I do know she's had two kids since and she's not mormon. Just goes to show.

I can list great friends and family that are TBM and had miscarriages, infant deaths, literal handicaps, and a beautiful four year that died just this past year by a drunk driver as she and her parents were returning home from giving the missionaries a ride after feeding them dinner.

I really hate some people sometimes.

Posted by: ldscam ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:27PM

OH, I forgot to mention: the bishop's wife was on fertility drugs. My teacher wasn't.

Of course, Sister bishop didn't mention that in her testimony. She told me that years later.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:20PM

Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult.

Just thinkin' out loud...

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:33PM

So, only BIC babies are perfect?

Honestly, talk to mom and say your sister is so crazy that she wishes our family to have a baby with developmental issues. I'm sorry that she wishes such a blessing upon your grandchild.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 08:22PM

That is so absurd, it's crazy-making. LDS babies are born with handicaps, etc, also.
The time the % for a problem with a baby goes up is when the mother is a "high risk" pregnancy - over 35 years of age. There is a larger % of babies born with problems with an "older" mother.

But this is a young mother. The aunt is a nut.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 09:36PM

So... by that stupid womans logic my mother would be inactive when she was literely travaling from one end of the contry to the other wile carrying me just because she wanted to be in a better church ward.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 10:12PM

someone needs to ask the aunt if she is afraid of the eternal repercussions of wishing such evil on not just another person but a completely innocent living sole.

Is she willing to dedicate the rest of her life to the care of child when her evil curse ( which can only be perpetrated by the evil one because god would never punish one by bring evil on another)

Ask her that!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 10:34PM

The aunt who said that is evil and should not be allowed to have access to the baby. A Christian would expect a miracle child. An atheist like me would expect a normal and delightful infant. A piece of shit, and only a piece of shit, would curse an unborn child with any kind of illness.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 11:04PM

This woman's statement is one level above painting her face with blood and making a fetus to stab pins in it.

It's barbaric.

It also makes no sense with Mormon folklore which claims that handicapped children are the purest spirits - only a little less lucky than stillborn babies, who were so pure they didn't need to get a life.

So why would you say that people who question the church get the best babies? Maybe, to carry on the ridiculousness to its absurd conclusion,

Maybe they were so valiant in heaven that they didn't need the CHURCH! So they were sent to a doubter who is on the way out! How do you like them apples?

Anagrammy

PS. Yes, I am a little bitter about the whole messing with pregnant mothers' minds because I knew a woman who was literally driven mad by Mormon convoluted crap doctrine about her dead baby.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.