Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:19PM

"And so we must figure out how to stop giving our consent and legitimacy to an unthinking mechanical beast that runs our lives, a beast which enslaves us to accounting mechanisms like debt ceilings instead of the shared prosperity we seek as a culture and society."

Why isn't this message coming from the religious leaders of our country? This article is more inspiring than any Ensign article I have ever read and provides a real solution for how we can achieve peace and prosperity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:34PM

That Pohlman talk is THE BEST GC TALK of all time.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 09:16PM

Short version

In the October 1984 General Conference I was in the Tabernacle When he gave his talk ..I travelled home to a different country on the tuesday after conference ..When I went to my Stake Center the following sunday to see the instant video taped replay (before internet) --I watched in horror as I had been replaced in my seat and the talk was nothing like I had heard the previous weekend.

I learned later from my friend at the COB that the LDS Authorites had bought in a couple of local Stakes as a constructed audience, and had Elder Poleman give his talk again.

So scary sometimes isn't it ?

JB

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.