Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:26PM

Here in the South a lot of churches have a sign out by the road with what they consider inspirational or cute messages. The one I saw today said, "GOD SPRINKLED US WITH MIRACLE GROW."

Hmmmm, I thought. Miracle-Gro = plant food.

Plant food = fertilizer.

Fertilizer = manure.

Manure = bullshit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:27PM

Posted by: Jesus the Smoke ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:43PM

How nice for them....what a great god they have!

Why can't god sprinkle Somalia with Miracle Grow, send some rain and get some food growing over there for so many starving people.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:47PM

Top 3 reasons evangelical x-ians would give in response:

1. It's not in god's "nature."

2. It's not part of god's "plan."

3. God's ways are not our ways.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:25PM

Jesus the Smoke's reply to the evangelical whack-jobs....

1. It's not in god's "nature."

God doesn't have to follow the laws of nature, he can do anything he damn well pleases....that's why he's god, right? Or do you mean "nature" like its not in his "nature" to help those in need?

2. It's not part of god's "plan."

God seems to change his plan when it suits him and his original plan sucks...thats why he kept changing it...ie...Create earth, earth needs man, creates man from earth dust, man needs woman, creates woman from man, Adam and Eve-don't eat the fruit and go multiply and replenish...can't multiply unless they eat fruit, eat fruit, get kicked out of garden to go have kids in pain and suffering, can't return to god after being kicked out and now have to die, send son to suffer and die so god can forgive the rest of us that were born according to his plan, have so many variations of the plan that no one can know which is correct, remains silent and doesn't clear up the confusion, too many of his creations not paying him proper respect and worship, send flood to kill all except a few with animals....god sure has to modify his plan to make up for his lack of planning.

3. God's ways are not our ways.

Then how the hell can you tell me what god's way's are if they are not ours??? If his ways aren't our ways, how can you know his "nature" or his "plan"....you all are idiots!

Date: August 10, 2011 07:26PM

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:18PM

No comments on church signs, they are what they are....but evangelical churches and organizations are already working in the Horn of Africa on famine relief. But don't let that get in the way of your bias. Have you made your contribution yet?

Date: August 10, 2011 07:27PM

...they don't get any food from the evangelicals..

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:30PM

Date: August 10, 2011 07:37PM

I'm guessing your comment is directed at me? If so, who said anything about evangelicals helping in Africa or being biased against them for doing so? I didn't. I simply made a point about what they feel their god is doing (spinkling miracle grow on us), to whick Kolbian offered a typical evangelical response, to which I offered a response countering the logic, or lack there of. It was done for amusement and has nothing to do with churches actually helping in Africa or if I've made a donation.

Seems to have hit a nerve with you for some reason.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:29PM

Pathetic.

Date: August 10, 2011 08:30PM

My response was to Kolobian whose post did imply that evangelicals would offer only platitudes in response to Somali famine. Humorous or otherwise, it flies in the face of fact.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 08:36PM

Honk if you love Jesus.
Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.