Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Skeptic ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 06:56PM

I don't want to derail Steve's thread. http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,267649,267862#msg-267862

Tell me more about the Mayans please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:13PM

Were Native Americans mixed in with some fictional characters from a poorly written, mostly plagiarized book.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:15PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:16PM by steve benson.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:21PM

...or maybe we received interstellar communications at the same time.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:22PM

Date: August 10, 2011 07:20PM

...secret handshakes, code words, and gestures that would allow them access to a planet of glass in the star system Kolob.

Isn't it wonderful?

Posted by: TheSkepticChristian ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:32PM

"2 Nephi 2:22?"
come on, that's a super easy question, why don't you guys just give FAIR a chance??

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_science/Death_before_the_Fall

"Lack of evidence, doesn't mean disproof. "
So what evidences do you all have for the m-theory?? That reality exists just because it exists?? That a pre-existing quantum field has always existed for no purpose??

Like I previously stated, I don't see strong evidences against the Book of Mormon. I seriously don't know why you guys are acting this way.

"some fictional characters "
With begging the question, without having respect for my beliefs.

Well see you all later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:46PM by Susan I/S.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:34PM

When were Adam and Eve created? Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? Or was there an uninterrupted habitation in America for more than 10,000 years?

Date: August 10, 2011 07:46PM

Date: August 10, 2011 07:37PM

"disproofs," as FAIR uses it, is a noun.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disproof

"disproofs," as you use it, is a verb ("but that doesn't mean that that disproofs my beliefs").

Trouble is, "disproofs" is not a verb.

("disprove" is, though).

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/disprove
_____

What college did you say you're going to?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:47PM by steve benson.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:47PM

I love FAIR's answer to the question of 2 Nephi 2:22, because it demonstrates how dishonest they are about fundamental problems with the Book of Mormon.

FAIR's answer is basically this: "The church doesn't take an official position" on whether there was death on earth before the fall of Adam."

Well, I guess that's FAIR enough. The Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints doesn't have a position. However, the Book of Mormon does. This is just one way of showing that the mainstream LDS church is an offshoot of the original LDS faith that Joseph Smith started.

The scripture says "ALL THINGS WHICH WERE CREATED." It doesn't say "humankind."

One more epic fail for FAIR and those who obviously don't read the articles but choose to link to them anyway.

"The Mayas started as Pre-Classic in about 2000 BC. There ancestors came from Syberia, and its most likely that a small group of Hebrews in 600 BC went to Meso-America, and mixed with them. But, I will be honest with you, their is no confirmed evidence that a small group of Hebrews came, but that doesn't mean that that disproofs my beliefs. Lack of evidence doesn't mean proven false."

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:22PM

"I just KNOW it's true... I just KNOW it..... please don't ask me how I know it.."

Okay, someone asked for my position,

I am a believing Mormon, (I said that I have friends who are also believing Mormons that know a lot more than me), and I do believe that a small group of Hebrews came to the Americas in 600 BC, but I am honest to say that their is no confirmed evidence that a small group of Hebrews came, in other words, I am saying that I cannot prove by beliefs.

"Tell me more about the Mayans please."
The first Americans might have even come from France about 20,000 years ago, but native Americans came from Siberia about 12,000 years ago.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:23PM

And how do you reconcile that with 2 Nephi 2:22?

"And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not
have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden.
And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end."

According to your holy books that was 6,000 years ago. You can trace the genealogies back yourself. It's easy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:25PM by kolobian.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:23PM

Thank you for being honest.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:29PM

Date: August 10, 2011 07:24PM

Next question. When were Adam and Eve created? Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? Or was there an uninterrupted habitation in America for more than 10,000 years?

Date: August 10, 2011 07:24PM

"The Mayas started as Pre-Classic in about 2000 BC. There ancestors came from Syberia, and its most likely that a small group of Hebrews in 600 BC went to Meso-America, and mixed with them. But, I will be honest with you, their is no confirmed evidence that a small group of Hebrews came, but that doesn't mean that that disproofs my beliefs. Lack of evidence doesn't mean proven false."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:27PM by steve benson.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:42PM

Last question: and bye bye

"Next question. When were Adam and Eve created? Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? Or was there an uninterrupted habitation in America for more than 10,000 years?"

"When were Adam and Eve created?"
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2000/november8/chromosome-1108.html

But Mitochondrial_Eve was thousands of years earlier than Y-chromosomal Adam.

Its a fact that all humans have a common ancestor, but in my opinion, I think their is a possibility that this was the same Adam. Remember that all humans = Spirit Children of God. So a creature that is not a spirit Children of God is not a Human.

"Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? "
It was probably a local flood, so no, and the baptism of the earth, is not official doctrine.

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_science/Global_or_local_Flood
http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Evolution

Why am I leaving?? I am sorry, but you guys are not being respectful with my beliefs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:47PM by Susan I/S.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:45PM

What about genetic studies showing the much older Neandertal dna in living humans? Were their spirits children of Elohim?

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:46PM

TheSkepticChristian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why am I leaving?? I am sorry, but you guys are
> not being respectful with my beliefs

Date: August 10, 2011 07:33PM

"2 Nephi 2:22?"
come on, that's a super easy question, why don't you guys just give FAIR a chance??

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_science/Death_before_the_Fall

"Lack of evidence, doesn't mean disproof. "
So what evidences do you all have for the m-theory?? That reality exists just because it exists?? That a pre-existing quantum field has always existed for no purpose??

Like I previously stated, I don't see strong evidences against the Book of Mormon.I seriously don't know why you guys are acting this way.

"some fictional characters "
With begging the question, without having respect for my beliefs.

Well see you all later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:48PM by Susan I/S.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:35PM

When were Adam and Eve created? Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? Or was there an uninterrupted habitation in America for more than 10,000 years?

Date: August 10, 2011 07:43PM

Come on TheSkepticChristian, your FAIR link does not say when Adam and Eve were created. Tell me about the flood. And here is another question: Were the ancestors of the Maya human if they were before Adam and Eve? Were their spirit bodies the children of Elohim?

Date: August 10, 2011 07:44PM

Last question: and bye bye

"Next question. When were Adam and Eve created? Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? Or was there an uninterrupted habitation in America for more than 10,000 years?"

"When were Adam and Eve created?"
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2000/november8/chromosome-1108.html

But Mitochondrial_Eve was thousands of years earlier than Y-chromosomal Adam.

Its a fact that all humans have a common ancestor, but in my opinion, I think their is a possibility that this was the same Adam. Remember that all humans = Spirit Children of God. So a creature that is not a spirit Children of God is not a Human.

However, a minority of Mormons don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve. (I do but some don't)

"Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's flood? "
It was probably a local flood, so no, and the baptism of the earth, is not official doctrine.

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_science/Global_or_local_Flood
http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Evolution

Why am I leaving?? I am sorry, but you guys are not being respectful with my beliefs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:49PM by Susan I/S.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:47PM

If the ancestors of Mayan had animal spirits, did the BofM migrations bring mating that made them human?

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:43PM

This just got all Poe's Law on me. I can't tell if you're serious or just trying to get people to bite.

Why on earth would we go on that board? What good would that do? And why did you come here? Was the URL unclear? What exactly did you expect would happen?

BTW. You convinced me to come back to the Church. Tell your friends.

There I think that was what you wanted. Hope it helped.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.