Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:52PM

Question to SC: "Were the Mayan ancestors destroyed in Noah's Flood?"

* http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,267895,267955#msg-267955

Answer from SC: "It was probably a local flood."

* see SC's FAIR peer-reviewed response here: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,267895,267955#msg-267955

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 08:10PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:55PM

The judge in Alabama gives him a 10 for his mental gymnastics.

Posted by: Skeptic ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 07:56PM

The answer was ambiguous to me. Was the local flood in some other part of the world? Who was destroyed and who lived? Seems like theskepticchristian is saying Mayans were not human if the flood did not destroy them.

Date: August 10, 2011 08:05PM

"Remember that all humans = Spirit Children of God. So a creature that is not a spirit Children of God is not a Human."

Plus, SC backed this up with evidence known but to God:

"But Mitochondrial_Eve was thousands of years earlier than Y-chromosomal Adam. Its a fact that all humans have a common ancestor, but in my opinion, I think their is a possibility that this was the same Adam."

Now, quit asking follow-up questions, since SC says they don't show respect for his beliefs. This is a Sunday school class, for God's sake, not a science lab.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 08:44PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Skeptic ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 08:05PM

TheSkepticChristian is very slippery.

Q. "Were the ancestors of the Maya human if they were before Adam and Eve? Were their spirit bodies the children of Elohim?"

A. "Remember that all humans = Spirit Children of God. So a creature that is not a spirit Children of God is not a Human."

TheSkepticChristian will not come out and say if Mayan ancestors had animal spirits, but also will not say if they had spirit children from Elohim.

Date: August 10, 2011 08:09PM

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 08:00PM

...I started resorting to ad hoc arguments on how my "beliefs" could still be true even though I couldn't back them up with anything.

"The church has no position on that"

"It was probably a local flood"

"We don't know enough about DNA yet"

"That's figurative"

"That's not important for my salvation"

"Yes, I don't really believe I need to know secret handshakes to gain access to a glass planet in the star system kolob, it's all symbolic"

I give this kid a year, tops, unless he gets an ego-boosting calling that will distract him sufficiently.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 10:28PM

I can almost picture him having an interview with a teacher after flunking a test.

"Well, you say that 2 + 2 = 4, but it can be 5 if the thing that there is two of is something that can make it all equal five."

"Well, some people say that Sacramento is the capital of California, but I'm talking about a different kind of capital. There's more money in Los Angeles, hence it is 'the capital' of California."

"Only anti-Enronites accuse Enron of being corrupt and dishonest in its accounting practices and insider dealing. The Enron leaders were actually only doing God's will and no one was really hurt physically. So I don't accept your labeling of the Enron case as an example of corporate corruption."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.