Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheSkepticChristian ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:45AM

I will probably give you my respond tomorrow.

But you guys can ask FAIR here

http://www.fairlds.org/contact.php

Those guys know a lot more than me, they are the real apologists :)

"Priesthood ban as policy or doctrine"
http://fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_racial_issues/Blacks_and_the_priesthood/Policy_or_doctrine

You can certainly read here:
http://bycommonconsent.com/2011/07/22/teaching-the-priesthood-restriction/

" “The attitude of the Church with reference to the Negroes remains as it has always stood. It is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord, on which is founded the doctrine of the Church from the days of its organization, to the effect that Negroes may become members of the Church but that they are not entitled to the priesthood at the present time.”That position has not always been understood or accepted, even by some in the Church. Because it did not receive specific scriptural status in the Doctrine and Covenants, some question its origin; however, not all revelations are made public"
http://rsc.byu.edu/archived/sperry-symposium-classics-doctrine-and-covenants/23-official-declaration%E2%80%932-revelation-pries

Remember that official doctrine has to go by a process, The First Presidency, and the Twelve need to be involved, and must have a sustaining vote.

But I don't know much, but tomorrow, probably I will respond with more details, just remember that when something is not official doctrine this can/could apply

Bruce R. McConkie:
Forget everything I have said, or what...Brigham Young...or whomsoever has said...that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:48AM

Date: August 11, 2011 02:49AM

Well we just don't know the reasons why the priesthood ban. But it had nothing to do with black skin being a curse. Yes Members did interpreted that way, but remember the Official Doctrine.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:53AM

And FAIR doesn't speak for the church, so everything they say is just speculation.

You don't know why the ban was.

We do though. Because Mormonism is a man made institution created and perpetuated by egotistical racists.

That's why your precious bigoted leaders don't know and your racist god is silent.

He doesn't speak to them.

But please. Keep defending their bullshit.

Date: August 11, 2011 02:54AM

You refused to explain a single one of them--particularly metaphorically, which was your angle in trying to dodge the racism of Book of Mormon canonized scripture:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,268219

You are a waste of bandwith and neural energy and have done more to harm the Mormon Church by posting your bigotry here than you are capable of imagining--which, in itself, is pathetic.

Take a hike.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 02:56AM by steve benson.

Date: August 11, 2011 02:58AM

Well, I am not here to prove the church, but I have proven wrong your accusations, and I also have proven that the Book of Mormon is not racists.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:01AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:02AM

Date: August 11, 2011 03:02AM

That does not constitute "proof."

What FAIR has proven, however, is that it is in the b.s. biz of contesting the historical record since the Mormon Church is determined to destroy what it can of it to advance its own agenda. Ask Packer and Oaks, who have both told Mormons from the General Conference pulpit that the truth should not always be told.

Now, go pollute your own Mormon planet--the one in your sick and narrow mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 03:04AM by steve benson.

Posted by: Skeptic ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:14AM

You have not proven that the Book of Mormon is non-racist. I'm curious how you will reply to me over here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,268216,268295#msg-268295

Date: August 11, 2011 02:55AM

Before making those accusations, you should understand the purpose of the church.

You think the church is there to tell us everything??

Date: August 11, 2011 02:59AM

No, its the other way around, but why that attitude? anyways bye bye

Date: August 11, 2011 03:05AM

Date: August 11, 2011 02:50AM

…the God that you worship was a racist for a long time but then he thought better of it? Really?

What a dysfunctional parent!

Date: August 11, 2011 02:54AM

Its late right now, I am tired, and well I could come back to explain more, after I ask my friends, but maybe, because you guys are not interested in answers, it seems that you all want to just make fun of me
:) but its okay

Posted by: teewan ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:12AM

Ask your friends?? Why don't you pray about it? I'm sure your all knowing Mormon god will help you defend his blatant flip flop.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:55AM

What about the ban against all people of African descent from holding the priesthood or entering the sacred temple for more than 150 years?

Was it doctrinal?

"Nobody knows! The Prophet doesn't know why they did it. The Apologists don't know why they did it. They just did it. But, hey, come join our church! We have a living prophet to tell us what's what! Ain't it great!"

What a joke!

Like I said, you do realize that your church is pathetic, right? After all of your efforts at "defending" it, it just comes out looking more pathetic and smelling worse than before.

You do also realize that your position on what is and isn't doctrinal is itself not doctrinal, right?

Date: August 11, 2011 03:01AM

I am not here to prove the church, but I have proven wrong your accusations, and I also have proven that the Book of Mormon is not racists.

Good night people

Date: August 11, 2011 03:06AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 03:06AM by steve benson.

Date: August 11, 2011 03:08AM

I figure that Skeptic is from another country and culture. Perhaps a person of color? If so, how ironic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 03:09AM by summer.

Date: August 11, 2011 03:06AM

TheSkepticChristian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not here to prove the church

That's exactly why you're here. Duh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 03:08AM by steve benson.

Date: August 11, 2011 03:10AM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:09AM

You have a long way to go but it is an interesting ride. That being said, this is just not the place for you. If folks here want to rehash FAIR drivel we know where to find it. We are neither dazzled by their brilliance nor baffled by their bullshit.

Good luck to you :).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 03:11AM by Susan I/S.

"this is a question of wording. I'd be happy to say, "Why the ban was in place," to bracket the issue of why God did it or permitted it" (Friend)

http://fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_racial_issues/Blacks_and_the_priesthood/Policy_or_doctrine

Facts, and what we need to know.

Good night everyone

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:12AM

Those aren't facts. They are speculations. They are opinions.

And "all we need to know" is the only shit you need to know to keep believing.

Some of us require truth.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:13AM

You're flat out wrong. You know EXACTLY what they know! And that right there is the problem!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.