Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ldscam ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 09:05PM

the church made me feel for a while. The transition between being a TBM and being a recovered mormon (if it's possible to recover). It's kinda scary when you realize.. and you know you can stay and play The Mormon Game of Life or you can try and dare to dicover an unfamiliar world.

It's as though you are a literal victim. You can stay put where you are thought to be safe or you can make a run for it and enjoy the real meaning of life. The church made me a bit crazy, I think.

Anyway, this video is the sad truth. I think he (probably a "he") could have also pointed out the family side of the "consequences". Some just will not understand the new exmo you have become. Especially in a large TMB family, it is hard to truly get away from it all. You are always the minority.

I almost pleged to just go along with it all for the rest of my life. It felt easier. I found a TMB boy to marry and we could script out our whole future together. No questions asked, just do as told. I think a lot of "mormons" just fall in line despite their doubts for multiple reasons like discussed in the video. It's the TRUE beliving mormons that don't notice it even in others, unfortuantely.

So I am SO GLAD that I am now an exmo. I hope the upcoming generation takes a stand for themselves. I hope I can help my family and friends live happier lives. They can't even see their own addictions..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFsUyltgAQ

:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 09:10PM by ldscam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 11:51PM

nothing less than the total enslavement of the human mind. : (

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 03:29PM

I agree, many BICs just go along with the path paved out for them simply because it seems too difficult to make a new path sans LDSinc. And it shouldn't be minimized, it is difficult for BICs to make a new life sans LDSinc, for many reasons. But as this board demonstrates daily monthly and yearly, surmounting the difficulty is *so* worth it.

Besides, every one of us that leaves is an example to those who reluctantly stay.

Human, glad to be sans LDSinc

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 03:50PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.