Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mleblanc138 ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 11:11PM

Seeing the thread about the high divorce rate made me think about something a friend told me, about Utah having the highest divorce rate, and then I wondered, what exactly IS the divorce rate in Utah? And what factors are primarily behind it?

My friend is pretty sure it's people rushing into marriage too young, and then finding out it's not all rainbows and unicorns. One of my mission companions said some of it is because the girl thinks RM means great hardcore TBM guy, but she ends up with some guy who just went for RM status and resented it the whole time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 11:42PM

This is 2011 data for number of divorces per state. Utah is 25, so right smack dab in the middle. I'd say that makes it as close to the average number of divorces as you can get. If only 6% of them are people who were married in the temple, you wouldn't know many non-temple-married people in Utah who are still married.

http://maritalmediation.com/2011/02/divorce-rates-according-to-the-wall-street-journal-and-cdc/

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.