Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 12:51PM

He foresaw the need to "roll" in his grave for what would happen to his church.

http://mldb.byu.edu/byoungc.htm
"I want my coffin made of plump 1 1/4 inch boards, not scrimped in length, but two inches longer than I would measure, and from two to three inches wider than is commonly made for a person of my breadth and size, and deep enough to place me on a little comfortable cotton bed, with a good suitable pillow for size and quality; my body dressed in my temple clothing, and laid nicely into my coffin, and the coffin to have the appearance that if I wanted to turn a little to the right or to the left, I should have plenty of room to do so. The lid can be made crowning."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 01:53PM

nice
I wish all the prophets were like BY. He actually came up with some original stuff. I would like to listen to him at conference. Then my family could all sit around the dinner table and say "what did you learn from conference?" and I would say "Well, I didn't know quakers lived on the moon!" lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 01:56PM by blacksheep.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 01:58PM

he'd become quite a fat ass, from living large of the labors of those who saw him as a prophet seer and revelator.

How much exactly did he owe the Church at the time of his death again? Meanwhile my ancestors in Southern UT were barely scraping by. What a jerk.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 11:04AM

...after paying all of his debts. His many children and wives got little in the way of inheritance.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.