Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 12:40PM

http://lilpeasinmypodfromgod.blogspot.com/2011/08/religion-is-burning-me-out.html

She is fascinating to follow. Every time I turn around, she's switching churches, homeschool curriculums, and vacillating between atheism and fundamentalism. It's enough to make your head spin!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 12:45PM

Sounds like she needs to leave ALL churches.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 01:08PM

..she mused that she was considering practicing birth control. I posted something to support this idea. She has to approve all posts on her blog and while my message was approved, she had already changed her mind about birth control and since then, has expressed her feelings of baby lust several times on her blog.

She went thru a brief period a short time ago where she felt she could only wear skirts/dresses based upon the biblical passage that one gender should not wear the clothes of another [i.e., look like a Duggar female]. That fad didn't last too long.

What I don't understand is her husband. Janis claims that she is submissive to him and obeys him but it seems that she runs the show. This guy needs to put his balls back on and his fucking foot down, start using BC and put those damn brats in public school. I mean, how many kids can a guy support on a cop's salary? Janis is going to breed that family into ruin. In prior blogs, Janis has complained about how bratty and ill-behaved her kids are and wondered if they needed more structure (like in a public school) rather than her free-for-all "unschooling" philosophy.

But you're right. She is inconsistent and like a water bug: all over the place.

My money's on her getting all religious again in the near future because that's her pattern.

Date: August 16, 2011 01:11PM

I wonder how they support all those kids, too. It's insane. I did get a laugh when she started wearing long skirts, though. I figured that wouldn't last long, given her penchant for bikini tops and wine... and her frequent beauty posts where she talks about needing to lose weight and color her hair.

Date: August 20, 2011 04:43PM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 01:13PM

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 05:15PM

Someone might be having that entire board on.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 05:54PM

wine country girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

That thought did occur to me, WCG.

I miss the Stormy Saga, though. I like good fiction, which is why I prefer the Stormy Saga to the Book of Mormon. ;o))

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 20, 2011 04:49PM

LOL. I have to confess that I miss her too.Maybe I'll have to start watching soaps.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: August 20, 2011 06:35PM

i was under stormys spell!! :) hey at least i didnt get babptized mormon!! :) but i am gullible!!

Date: August 16, 2011 04:49PM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 06:33PM

http://lilpeasinmypodfromgod.blogspot.com/2008/02/antis-seriously-get-real-and-get-your.html
"Antis---Seriously, get real and get your facts straight before commenting
I have thick skin so go ahead and comment, but why do it anonymous, how chicken and also get your opinions out of the way and only state facts when speaking of the LDS faith. All I can say about all the lurking Exmos is that I am sorry you regret your decision to leave and feel the need to torment others joining the faith. I am also sorry if it wasn't your choice to leave and you are no longer worthy, that is not my problem either though so please don't try to drag me into your misery. I understand you quite passionate about hunting Mormons to try to stop them, but really, MISERY LOVES COMPANY! I am not miserable anymore and I think many of you don't like that. For that, I pity you and hope you do find your way back or at least to somewhere happy enough to stop harassing others about where you came from. I find it hysterical really that you all wont leave us alone, you must REALLY miss the church to be constantly lurking on LDS sites. The people are great, I would miss them too so I don't blame ya!"

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 06:52PM

"You guys are funny!" she wrote.

And we were. We'd all been following her Mormon saga for months and had *lots* to say when she was finally turning ex-mo. I must say, she was a good sport about all of the ribbing.

Janis may be a hippy-dippy flake but she is wildly entertaining!

;o)

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 01:35PM

She is all over the place and reading through her blogs one of my first thoughts was "nuts"! Maybe she is a bit unhinged to a degree, but aren't we all?

The thought that hit me the hardest, however, is that when blogging, she simply does not censure her thoughts. We all go through a thought process in order to reach a conclusion (her thought process does go to each extreme, I think). She Simply writes the ongoing process rather than the conclusion.

I don't know if this is right, just an observation on my part.

Date: August 17, 2011 07:50AM

She comes off as a nice person and it's obvious her blog is popular with a lot of people. I just don't know how she handles all the chaos, though. Seems like she's always moving her big brood and animals while trying to be the perfect housewife and mom.

She's definitely interesting to watch.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 12:36PM

Like a train heading towards a wreck is interesting.

"Alrighty, off to clean and homeschool for the value of doing it because it needs done and its important........not for the "glory of God" or "good works." Amen to that!!"

So why does it need to be done? Why is "IT" important? She is burned out on religion and has accepted existence as what needs to be done and what is important?

This woman is someone I couldn't have a conversation with because what she writes sounds to me like a person crying out for attention.

Posted by: LMAO ( )
Date: August 20, 2011 04:35PM

Her poor kid's fly is open in the picture of them on their first day of public school! Wonder how that went. She'll probably pull them out in a week anyway!

Date: August 20, 2011 04:52PM

I didn't know her one kid, Wyatt, was a special need child with Asperger's. I hope the flibbety-gibbet Janis can stick to the commitment to keep the kids in school for this year. I also hope her husband stops letting Janis run loose over a 40 acre field (metaphorically speaking) with respect to educating those kids and keeps them in school. Let's also hope that he learns what a condom is and how to use it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.