Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 06:45PM

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon438.htm

Those poor apologists.

Everyone is picking on them and on Mormonism.

Those poor babies.

And sometimes RfM posters are just so super duper mean to TSCC.

*sniff sniff*

Why can't we just leave them alone?

Why do we have to keep pointing out all the naughty things TSCC does over and over and over and over and over again?

Can't we just let it go?

Can't we just let them help deny rights to certain people and lie about their history?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 07:23PM

I was just chuckling over a more-recent post from good ole DCP over on the MD&D board.

He said: "I've tried to come up with a coherent, comprehensive counterexplanation for the claims of Mormonism, and I just can't do it.”

He's a strange nut.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 08:31PM

And everyone who followed just perpetuated it is just soooooooo outlandish!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 08:44PM

I read the entire piece and found it very interesting. Peterson uses enough references to show that he has read fairly widely, but there was nothing new to me. I'm just a retired blue collar guy with an AA degree and some night school tech training. I do love to read, but my point is that Peterson has no depth.

He says that Europe lacks culture (compared to what part of the planet?), yet when he refers to Arab studies, he goes right to "The Thousand Nights" and Aladdin's lamp. Basic stuff.

Still, he makes Mike Ash look like an argumentative deacon.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 08:45PM

When I get up in the morning I drink coffee and think of mean things to do to TSCC. I'm such a meanie!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 09:17PM

If what has been reported here by those who claim to be in the know is correct, it's funny how he can't seem to understand the difference between Diest and Athiest. Or disaffected Mormon and anti-mormon. All he has to do is look at his own progeny.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2011 09:19PM by NormaRae.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 02:24AM

DP:I n fact, it's hard to think of anyone who has achieved her full potential in this life. Tragic foreshortenings don't only happen to geniuses. A neighbor and friend was stricken with multiple sclerosis in her mid-twenties and now, in her thirties, lies bedridden in a rest home. Barring some incredible medical breakthrough, this is her life. Absent hope for a life to come, this is all she will ever have to look forward to. My own father, for the last six years of his life, blind from an utterly unforeseen stroke suffered during routine and relatively minor surgery, was incapable of any of the activities in which he had once found satisfaction, and pathetically asked me, every few weeks, whether he would ever see again. What comfort would there be in saying, "No, Dad. This is it. Nothing good is coming. And then you'll die."

BM: More fear mongering. Many people with even a moderately broad perspective don’t seem to have this trouble. As the non-theist and respected biologist Ursula Goodenough puts it:

“Life is like a coral reef. We each leave behind the best, the strongest deposit we can so that the reef can grow. But what’s important is the reef.”

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 02:36AM

I had an epiphany at my grandmothers funeral a few months ago that in some ways mirrored this concept. I realized that even though she had ceased to exist, all of her progeny were a product of the person she was. In a very real sense she made us who we are. Her legacy became, in my mind, her immortality. In a couple generations she may very well be forgotten, but she played her part in the epic play of human experience, and in her small way my grandma made an impact.

I don't need to live forever; I will do my part for my family and my community, and then I'll push off and make way for someone else to do the same. I'm not the only one that matters, and my relevance ends at death. I have zero problems with that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.