Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 10:57PM

I cannot help but think this statement comes directly from the poll which asked all Americans to self-identify and the largest number of unaffiliated used this very phrase to describe themselves.

Hence match.com added it to their categories after listing all the major categories (years ago).

Huntsman is positioning himself right with the majority of Americans who say, "Yes, my family is XXX but meh, I'm more spiritual than religious."

He would have been fine if he had only used the inspired wafflings of Gordon B. Hinckley.

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Miyy Romney ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 11:03PM

Posted by: Mitt Romney ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 11:04PM

Posted by: runbunny ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:33AM

Huntsman actually said that months ago when he first announced his candidacy. Maybe before, actually.
Romney's just a sleazy people pleaser like that.

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:39AM

If you're more spiritual than religious then stop labeling yourself with a religion, ass.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:52AM

Really Mitt, give it a miss. Cite personal differences, or something.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 01:48AM

he's more corporate, financial and rich than he is spiritual or religious. It's all about priorities and keeping them arranged in their proper position in the pyramid.

I really don't think either Mitt or Jon will be looking to buffoons like Monson and Packer for policy guidance. They already have their policy gurus and they aren't Mormon. They will, however, look to the Mormon leaders for help in swinging the Mormon vote. A block of a million or so zombie votes is nothing to sneeze at.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 02:04AM

"Look at what a decent, compassionate, caring guy I am. The best thing in the world for my career would be to throw my devout Mormon relatives and groupies in front of a speeding train at the earliest possible opportunity and pretend that everybody has been confusing me, Mitt the Methodist, with some other Mitt. But I'm too decent to do that (and besides, somebody would find out and it would get all over the hated Internet). So, yeah, I'm sort of a deeply spiritual and open-minded Mormon, but I don't buy into the cult-like aspects of Mormonism (and I'm hoping most people won't realize that this means I reject about 90% of what the religion stands for)."

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 02:16AM

Posted by: Hereandhere ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 03:39AM

I don't think Romney will make it. He's disingenuous, and it's obvious he will say ANYTHING to sound good to the Right. He's a talking, programmed sound byte.

Unfortunately or not, Obama may be ousted. Bachmann doesn't stand a chance. I think it will be between Rick Perry (unless he royally screws up, and possibly Huntsman (if something unique is seen in him).

I'm not from Utah. I wanted to ask WHY the Utah Mo's would choose Romney by such a wide margin over their own former Governor. Was Huntsman disliked in Utah???

Thanks.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 04:32AM

I think it is because Romney looks more like a missionary than Huntsman does. Also, when Huntsman distanced himself from Mormonism, it offended a lot of Mormons.

As a governor he wasn't idolized, but people did like him a bit.

Posted by: frankiepup ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 10:17AM

Is Romney the one who made his family dog ride in the zippered car-top carrier across the country? Because if that's him, I wouldn't vote for him if he was a reincarnation of Thomas Jefferson with the saintly forbearance of Martin Luther King. No one who is cruel to animals is a good person. Ever.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 10:26AM

I say this because I recently read a quote by Huntsman saying he was "more spiritual than religious," but I've never seen where Romney says that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.