Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 09:19AM

A relative posted some photos of a barbecue on Facebook. I haven't seen these nieces and nephews and their spouses in years, so I sort of studied the pictures for signs of their "righteousness."

They looked very normal, especially compared to other nephews and nieces, who might as well wear Angel Moroni hats. There wasn't a single denim jumper among the women. The men, in jeans and T-shirts, didn't look ill at ease like some TBM men (my brother, for example) do when they're not in their suits. Generally, they looked like they could have been at a casting call for the "I'm a Mormon" commercials.

But there were little telltale signs, like the way all the women were wearing cap sleeves of exactly the right length to cover garments. Or like a tank top over a cap sleeved tee. And like the sliver of white peeking out of the neck of one guy's T-shirt.

One nephew caught my attention, though. Maybe it was a trick of the light, or maybe he was suffering from an allergy, or maybe he'd eaten a few hot peppers, but he had glassy eyes and a flushed face -- like someone who was high. Interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 10:06AM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One nephew caught my attention, though. Maybe it
> was a trick of the light, or maybe he was
> suffering from an allergy, or maybe he'd eaten a
> few hot peppers, but he had glassy eyes and a
> flushed face -- like someone who was high.
> Interesting.

I've done a lot of drinking since I left the crutch, but I have never done any drugs (though I probably would try weed if I had the chance). I high school, though, I had terrible allergies to just about every plant around. I always had red, watery eyes, and my friends and teachers were always asking me if I was stoned. Never was, but I did like the attention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.