Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 10:39AM

The past few days, I've had a resurgence of The Creatures Who Live Under Mossy Bridges commenting on my stuff. Maybe it's because I'm a little off this week, but some of the stuff that's been said has really thrown me for a loop. It's brought up some demons I thought were already dead and gone.

I know, I know, I shouldn't let it get to me, but it's almost made me a little afraid to post here...either that or just start over with a new moniker and not let anyone know who I am.

I realize I'm WAY overreacting just...ugh.

GLAJ

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:01AM

Sorry, you can't do that. For most of us, you changing your moniker would be like finding out for the first time that Joseph married other dudes' wives.

I'm not ready for that right now. Please stay who you are. We like you this way. :)

Posted by: frankiepup ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:06AM

Hey now. You were one of the ones who told ME to stick around! :o)

There's a pretty good exchange of info going on here. I am impressed with the community and the truthfulness that a lot of people express. If you don't like what someone says, call them on it.

Respectfully, of course, because no one likes it when you grab them by the throat and ask them if they want to find out how we do it back home in the desert.

Not that I'd know. Ahem.

Date: August 18, 2011 11:07AM

...it's when the tr0lls come in and say horrific, ugly things about me that it gets to me.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:38PM

That's when you grab them by the throat and shake them until their insignificant little brains plop out in cyberspace _ and don't forget to throw in an "oops" when your done. :-)

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:13AM

I'm on report patrol for you. :)

Nobody sane agrees with the nasty things, you know. How much pain does such a thing have to be in to do that sort of stuff? They should be pitied for being so broken and low.

Date: August 18, 2011 11:18AM

Yeah, I know all they're doing is trying to get under my skin, but it's beginning to feel like cyber stalking...which I've had happen before and it was one of the scariest things I've ever gone through.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:25AM

Stay just the way you are and, please, stay HERE!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:35AM

GLAJ, you know you have friends here and you know that its a public forum. I have my haters and so does everybody here who posts enough that people get to "know" them.

This is actually one of the reasons RfM works so well, it is like a microcosm of reality where you can try out ideas and ways of expressing yourself. Some will work and some won't. Some will love you and some won't.

I am not everybody's cup of tea... but I am exactly some people's cup of tea. This is the silly-sounding phrase I tell myself when someone makes a negative comment to remind myself that I have worked hard to be the best, most authentic person, true to my values, etc, etc, and therefore am unique.

The price of being a totally unique GLAJ is that some will love and appreciate your open heart. And some will feel very, very threatened.

Some will, through you, make a connection to the heart of gay people that makes them human being again. You are deprogramming haters with every post. Not everybody can say that. You are unique. And OF COURSE a gay guy being vulnerable in public is going to take a few hits. It is to be expected and is the price of being famous. (lol!)

If I leave this earth having done as much good for humanity as you have, flaws and all, I will think myself a great success.

Don't let it ruffle you, my friend.

ANagrammy

Date: August 18, 2011 11:40AM

You have no idea how much that means to me.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:41AM

People wantin' you to perform miracles and s**t, then wantin' to crucify your a** just for sayin' how great it would be if we were all nice to each other for a change ... the list goes on.

Even my action figure JuHEEsus has to take it on the chin from time to time:

http://youtu.be/G4w2ZHoq1eY

So when you're down and feelin' blue, just remember this song by Pete Townshend and The Who:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FHT8v9bw4Nk

Oh, and that water-to-wine trick can also get you out of some sticky situations!

Timothy

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:42AM

Posting here can take a lot out of us, especially if we really need the help and support of our peers. It can be very emotional. Develop some thicker skin, stay, and keep writing stuff. You make a ton of people happy here, that is for sure. :)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:54AM

Especially if you're naturally sensitive. I used to be very, very sensitive and couldn't take any kind of criticism without becoming defensive...insults have always been easier to take for me since I went through such an awkward stage a young age. The older I get, the less I care what people think of me.

One of the things I tell myself is, "It's either true or not. If it's true about myself, I accept it. It it isn't, who gives a fuck?" Whoever is saying the untruth is probably an asshole, jealous, and/or fucking stupid.

Just remember how well loved you are around these parts- I know the negative shit lays heavier than the postive, but you can shrug it off because you're strong. (hug)

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:04PM

I blame the Ken/Barbie hijinx of your youth.

Ron

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:30PM

As for the trolls, just picture them as the bitchy old comb-over queens, who sit there chain-smoking and chain-martini-ing at the bar, making nasty comments about all the hot young twinks who lead fabulous lives, and who always go home alone every night.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:33PM

Just keep your copy of the musical version of La Cage au Faux set to the song "I AM What I AM" since you live by music. Because what you are is damn good.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 12:41PM

That's La Cage au Faux? I thought it was Popey the Sailor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2towS_8T3RM

Ron

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 01:18PM

We NEED you here. Don't go anywhere!

Date: August 18, 2011 01:19PM

that was FUNNY! And I hate that they call "us" beards--Emily Pearson said we are "fairy" princesses. I like that better.

Date: August 18, 2011 01:20PM

... f*gnets

Date: August 18, 2011 02:48PM

Are you feeling better?

Posted by: mkay ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 02:46PM

I would really miss you! Please stay! I really enjoy what you have to say. I know I'm still fairly new here but you are one of the people that got me interested in this board.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 04:20PM

Please do not leave and/or change your moniker. You have made a difference in many people's lives including mine. I have been on a brief vacay with the family and have not caught up yet on all the happenings while I have been gone, but who do ai need to beat up? Tehehehe. Loves

Date: August 18, 2011 04:55PM

I was just thinking of maybe going under a different name for a little while, but most likely I'll just stick it out. Fuck em, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 04:55PM by GayLayAleJesus.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 05:08PM

If you go back to yer old moniker, all the good old oldies will know who you are, but a lotta n00bs will be kinda lost.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 05:21PM

Aw I'm sorry GLAJ. I didn't see what happened but it's easy for these people to be an asshole and a coward behind the internet. They probably wouldn't dare say these things to your face that they put on here.

Date: August 18, 2011 05:45PM

I just got through reading the following article on KSL about scientists trying to create "bulletproof skin".

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=1012&sid=16864273

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 05:47PM

I'm still waiting for my apostate "tan"... I'm still the whitest white boy around (I work in IT, they hid me in the basement)...

GLAJ, I hope you're feeling better... I've always enjoyed your posts.

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 05:49PM

I'd miss you. I'm guilty of skimming to see if you've posted and reading you first . . . (is that legal?)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.