Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 08:06PM

I was texting my TBM sister this afternoon when she made an only slightly blasphemous, completely unserious comment about giving up on god and praying to Google instead. I jokingly responded, "I'm going to have to forward that text to your bishop."

"Go ahead," she replied. "And while you're at it, go ahead and cc his dad, Thomas S Monson, and tell him his son's a dick."

Apparently she and her new Bishop Monson don't exactly get along. He scheduled a meeting with her and made her wait outside his office for over an hour before she finally got frustrated enough to just leave.

I could not stop smiling. I absolutely love that my sister, who is 30, single, beautiful, has a great career, and therefore falls into the most neglected category of church members, is showing signs of leaning more toward NOM than TBM as of late.

She has been stubbornly mormon in the past, but she keeps exposing little cracks like this that give me hope. I really think she'll find her way out within the next few years.

Not exactly earth-shattering news, but I still had to share. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 08:16PM

I would be happy too. When you begin to feel free to express yourself you are more likely perhaps to talk to others too and not just you. Hope she can find her way out.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 08:35PM

Posted by: milamber ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:11PM

+1

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 08:43PM

Why would the interesting woman you describe subordinate herself to an untrained functionary and jackass in the fake religion we know as "mormonism"?

Posted by: Adult of god on another computer ( )
Date: August 18, 2011 11:00PM

It sounds like your sister's shelf added a new weight. May it come crashing down soon!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.