Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 02:08AM

It has been three years and while I have liked tea, I found I did not like coffee that much. Did not like it at all actually, but every once-in-a-while I would have a cup during a software delivery with my work peers. I kept it up because I had this theory that I did not like it because I had grown dependent on the taste of sweet due to my limited options growing up, and I thought the bitter, etc. was good for me experience wise.

Today I had a cup. Same brand, same setup making it. And it was wonderful. It all just clicked and I really enjoyed it. The taste was actually calming and gave me a feeling of reassurance.

Don't know what it means, if anything at all, but I thought I would share.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: well well well ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 02:58AM

oooooooooh my gooood....you have SINNED !!

dude, chill. it means you are freeing yourself.

it's just tea. hell, green is much better if you ask me.
you can try red tea --straight from china. now are talking.

and...you have no idea how reassuring it is to have ownership of your own life. i can't imagine how excited you'd be after your first one night stand and THEN drinking green tea going over the details again and again and again in your head.

now THAT's relaxing my friend...

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 03:26AM

acquired taste. Yay! They are the best kind!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 07:31AM

People thing your weird if you don't like coffee. :)

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 07:34AM

Next try beer, it works the same way. LOL.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 09:07AM

Debbie! You are SUCH a bad influence. :)

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 02:53AM

Haha, my Scandinavian blood I guess, but I loved all the beer I have tried (except for IPA). The darker the better. Last night I tried a Guinness with my butterscotch pudding desert. Next time I'll skip the sweet and just have the brew for desert.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 09:35AM

My wife has tea every day, even when she was TBMish.

I'm kind of jealous that there is something that makes her day so much better. The routine of sitting down with a cup of tea and enjoying it every day makes me wish that there was something that I could enjoy.

I don't like the taste of tea or coffee. I do like beer, but it's not the same for having a daily routine that seems to make the world better like tea does for her.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 09:58AM

As a kid my friends and I drank coffee all the time- rebellious mainly. But we had to dump tons of sugar in it to make it palatable.

Despite the Lords counsel for good health, my cardiologist recommended drinking tea for my circulation.

It's been years since I drank coffee, but recently discovered that coffee actually tastes good if you don't put any sugar in it, unfortunately the caffeine content is a little too high for me to handle.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: August 19, 2011 10:05AM

Although a never mo, I grew up in a coffee free house. My mom could not stand the smell, so it was tea for me. Which I love. I started drinking coffee in all places, in England when i was there for a semester in college because the tea was too strong for me. It was made in huge pots with loose tea and if you got the bottom of the pot, it was tannic acid city. So...I drank coffee with lots of sugar and milk. And then I went to Italy and tried a cappuccino....that was all it took to make me an addict.

You should try cold brewed coffee. It has a more mellow flavor.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 07:18AM

I recently in the last 6 months started substituting tea for coffee. I drank coffee since college days 25 years ago, but now it gives me the jitters. There are so many varieties of tea and caffeine from tea has a milder more mellow effect than the caffeine from coffee.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 03:50PM

p**sy. The first time not so great but over time I acquired a taste for it and now it's like let me at it.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 04:50PM

Thanks for sharing that!

I love coffee but I prefer it iced. Lately I can only drink it cold or ice-blended. As it gets cold, I'll probably go back to hot coffee but I mostly had iced all winter last year. I need to get over this iced coffee kick. It's complicating sometimes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.