Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 09:12AM

In another thread, the poster mentioned the church's position that the human body is a temple and therefore should not be altered or defaced by multiple piercings or tattos.

If this indeed the policy, why doesn't the church speak out against boob jobs?

Seems such changes are more prominent and intensive than a tattoo on the lower back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 09:13AM

Yup...The stance is to make sure they look good.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:17AM

And BIG! PERKY!

I have noticed that quite a few young women in my ward have obviously had this procedure. Most are young marrieds, with husbands who are lawyers, doctors or dentists. Maybe the men want a young trophy wife. Recall that the self-esteem of women in the church is extremely low in general. A young woman would feel quite pushed for these procedures if her husband desired it.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:03AM

I remember that Jeffrey "Droopy Dog" Holland spoke out against plastic surgery but loads of Utahns are doing it.

Posted by: dwindler ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:39AM

TBM LA socialite sister, says I would be shocked as to the number of tbm socal sisters who head up to utah (cheaper) to have work done. Even her SP's wife had a boob job in utah, looked great, and imagine was a good example to the rest of the stake.LOL

Posted by: Willie Martin ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 05:27PM

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: August 22, 2011 03:40PM

I remember the talk and I thought it was good. However the no-artificial-enhacements-for-the-sisters counsel didn't take off like the no-tattos, no-sandals, no-sleep-overs and one pair of earrings only counsel. In my stake you would think that no sleep-overs is a revelation. I brought up Holland's talk the other day and some of the women just sat there with no comments, well one comment 'they are call enhancements'. =)

I personally would be more at ease to get a second pair of earrings than to go under the knife.

D

Posted by: SILKROSE (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:54AM

When your self-worth comes from being the perfect wife and mother, it stands to reason that you would enhance your looks in order to keep your husband happy. After all, he is an RM and DESERVES his perfect prize! So sad...I'm all for boob jobs if the woman wants them...but to get one to please others is asinine. I guess undergoing surgery to change your temple of god is MUCH better then a few needle pricks.

Posted by: missguided ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 06:06PM

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 11:10AM

Whatever the policy, I'm glad that some things simply go unchecked. Think about transexual individuals. They are, according to the church handbook of instructions, to be denied temple recommends, presumably for the rest of their lives, but they argue that they are just having an operation to fill the measure of their own presumed creation, or having been really a boy instead of girl, or girl instead of boy. I think that women who get boob jobs are just filling the measure of their own creation, which is to have boobs that are just as big as they should be, given a perfect world. In the resurrection, all girls will have big boobs. Amen and amen

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 11:46AM

Nah, I think the perfect LDS boob job would be to get two rows of teats, so you can nurse a litter!

~VOW

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 03:38PM

My wife's visiting teacher is here right now as I write this. She has had two or three litters (16 kids) depending on how you count the litter. She could have used your suggestion.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 12:07PM

If they had been more valiant in the war in heaven they would have had big boobs in the first place--Marilyn Monroe wrapped in gingham, the perfect mormon fantasy. Nothing says phony like a pair of plastic mammaries in garments.

OR, it"s a slap in the face to Elohim that by having the " boob job" they're admitting that their God isn't too good at making bodies and they have to keep correcting them. A mormon having a boob job is proof that they don't have a testimony.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 12:22PM

Just want to add that I am not against breast augmentation, just as how it relates to the mormon doctrine where I think there may be a hypocritical element to it. Otherwise, I'm all for everybody doing what they want to themselves in their lives.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 12:20PM

...of some woman she knew, "If she wants bigger breasts, she can take some of mine."

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 03:35PM

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 05:31PM

The church is O.K. with boob jobs.

But don't have the nipples pierced. That would be a no-no.

Posted by: rmw ( )
Date: August 22, 2011 05:36PM

...yeah, get a boob job...but don't you DARE drink a cup of sweet tea.

Posted by: teewan ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 05:45PM

My TBM friends wife had hers done by another member of the ward. He said the weirdest thing about the procedure was letting a friend fondle his wife's breasts and then ask him after the procedure if he did a good job. I got a chuckle out of it when we were talking about it. They did look rather nice though.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 07:50PM

The church stance is indeed hypocritical. But, I think there is a reason that they cut members a lot of slack on boob jobs. The bretheren are all men, and they understand that men are visual. Enhancements would therefore, in their minds, increase the husbands libido, which would raise the birthrate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.