Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cpalmer312 ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 05:47PM

This is a very current article from the EPISCOPAL CAFE:

http://www.episcopalcafe.com/lead/church_20/are_mormons_winning_the_web.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 05:52PM

Keep in mind that your link takes you to a disgruntled poster on an Episcopal website who appears upset about not "winning" the web war against the Mormons.

What the Mormons are attempting to do in driving web traffic their way may be "freaky" but, contrary to your claim in a separate thread, the Mormon Church is not "controlling the media worldwide." http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,276800

And it's not anti-democratic; it's merely annoying and there are certainly available ways to get around it.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 06:00PM by steve benson.

Date: August 21, 2011 06:08PM

Thank you for clarifying! It was and is a little alarming to see the MORG try to buy a new image

Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 06:12PM

I think cause of Romney and the BofM musical people are curious. Doesn't mean they are believing the sh!t.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 06:31PM

Well, I imagine TSCC spends about the same amount just on publicity every year as the entire budget for the episcopal church!

"Episco-lopians? Are they some kind on antelope?"

Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 11:16PM

Many Christians I know pay a tithe as well (and then some) but their churches and members aren't spending all of their resources to one-up the Google god.

notmo

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 11:51PM

I am not the least bit worried.

It's part of the process to read the Mormon's description of Mormonism and then to read the description of ANYONE ELSE.

Here's the Mormon's take on why they are spending so much money on the ad campaigns:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/21/earlyshow/main20072948.shtml

The idea that people view these ads and revise their opinions reveals the Mormon's PR Dept's take on the intelligence of the general public. Well, I'd like to comment on their intelligence.

Remember the ad campaign with the buttons "Want to Know More?" and when a person asked you "about what" you said "I'm a Mormon!" And in their minds that person, having been tricked to ask, was now receptive to having missionaries come over....did that work for anyone reading this?

And "Every Member A Missionary" which had quite a backlash with articles still on the internet about LDS=Amway and how even an idiot can tell the difference between fellowshipping and friendship.

If people get a positive view of Mormonism from these ads or any other Mormon source, it does not concern me one bit. Because I believe in truth and the Truth Is Out There. If they do not seek third party information on Mormonism, then they might join and suffer a rude awakening that they've been lied to, like we all did.

Truth is on our side. Their church is dishonest and exploitative. Sooner or later people find that out one way or another. And then the choice is theirs. As we all know, some people choose to stay for reasons other than belief, such as business or family.

We're here for them, too.

Anagrammy

Date: August 21, 2011 11:53PM

Very well put Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.