Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 07:06PM

I logged on to the church website to order my daughter scriptures for her baptism. I remember a previous post about viewing garments on the church website.

I have an active LDS account, and I've had it for several years.

There are several sections in the clothing section. Since I am endowed, I was authorized to view the garments. There was a drawing of it and if you scroll over the fabric name, a picture of a small part of the garment was shown to let you know what the material looked like.

I went on over to the "ceremonial clothing" secion and this is what it said... (please remember I was already signed in!)

"Sorry, you must sign in with unauthorized LDS account to view these secure items. If you have already signed in and feel there is an error with your account, please confirm with your unit clerk that your membership record is up to date. If you have
further questions, please contact the Global Service Center."

I'm pretty sure my Bishop suspended my Temple Recommend. It doesn't expire for another 9 months. I guess that's what I get for not turning it in to him when he asked for it. Not that I'm going there anyway.

As a side note, I was asked to work with the cub scouts since I was released from my RS calling. I told him I would have to think about it. The Bishopric counselor looked a little stunned. The only reason why I am considering it is because my son is a scout and I'd be working with him. It would be a great way to control the flow of information and to ensure he had a good time. I told him I would let him know next week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 07:21PM

Then you can enroll him in a non-church associated den and be the den mother without having to deal with the crap?

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 07:33PM

You have to pay for school packs, the church program is free and we are a single income family. My husband is still TBM, I'm still active for now, just a non-believer and the bishop knows.

There is a non-member in the pack as well and my son really likes his friends there. It took a while fir him to build those friendships and I don't want to take that away from him.

Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 11:11PM

..not so long ago EVERYONE could go to the site and look at everything...then they tightened security.

Now it sounds like if you dnt have a current recommend you are shut out.

This is really creepy. That an org would have such tight reigns on its members.

notmo

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.