Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 07:45PM

Just a warning. Got am automated call today from someone claiming to be Wells Fargo. They said my debit card needed to be re activated and asked for information. I was suspicious and called the bank. It is a scam. Don't fall for it. Banks do not call you Sunday morning and ask for account numbers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 07:47PM

yep, this has been going around for awhile! Good for you that you smelled a rat there.

Posted by: cpalmer312 ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 09:47PM

The Eccles family own a significant stake in Wells Fargo Bank. Wells Fargo Bank was one of the first to receive taxpayer backed bailout money ($20 billion dollars). They used this money to buy Wachovia and create the second largest banking conglomerate in America. Spencer Eccles was a Chairman for Wells Fargo after his First Security Bank merged with them. Ultimately, the Bank is owned by the Rothschilds and other conspirators. Eccles is also the #1 contributor to Utah’s Planned Parenthood, the pro-abortion group founded by racist Margaret Sanger

This is found at: http://afteramerica.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/mormon-church-partnership-with-new-world-order-divides-membership/

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:00PM

Sorry, but your reference has less credibility than a room full of FAIR members. That guy even makes Glenn Beck look rational.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 09:49PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 09:55PM

I never give out my account number, Social Security number, etc. over the phone unless I have initiated the call. I don't ever respond to surveys, either.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:01PM

They caught me off guard and I gave out part of it and then my BS detector shipped in and I hung up and called the bank. I put this on Facebook and a couple of people actually gave out all the info and had to cancel the cards. Apparently this has happened to a lot of people.It really does sound official if you don't think about it. Don't fall for it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.