Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: August 22, 2011 10:06AM

Yesterday I was speaking with my neighbor, an older lady, who just returned from their second mission in just over three years. This last go around they went to Borneo. Now I was interested because I went to Thailand, many, many, moons ago.

Anyway, I knew approximately where Borneo was, but I got the globe out and we chatted over the subject for a few minutes. She told me that the church is recognized as a corporation in Borneo, not even a church.

Well......I stifled a laugh!

Another bit of funny stuff, not Borneo anymore.

Two weeks ago in gospel doctrine class they are talking about Paul and his exploits. They are discussing when Paul and Silas (?) were put into prison and then an earthquake rattled open the doors and they escaped. The teacher asked "where have we heard a story like that before"! Someone pointed out Alma and Amulek (?). To everyone present it was a reminder of how "God does things the same everywhere". To me, well, it just looked like the BOM ripped off a story, changed the names and places, and put it into the BOM story line.

I guess things depend on your point of view.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: August 22, 2011 10:22AM

Helaman 10: 16 and 17.

I wonder if the spirit will convey away Warren Jeffs. ;)

That's my problem with it all. Nothing in the scrips is replicateable. It's all religious roulette.

The only "miracle" I have witnessed is the curing of a ham.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.