Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:00PM

Last night I had about an hour of perfection, at least for me. It started with the kids riding their bikes and my husband and I hand in hand as we went along a river pathway. The weather was warm with a slight breeze. It was a perfect August evening.

When we got home the kids all played in the pool for a bit while my husband and I enjoyed 5 minutes of peace. Sitting on the patio, listening to the kids laugh and splash. I glanced around the yard, and although its nothing that would be in a magazine, its ours. Our little piece of the planet that is perfectly perfect for us.

Then someone fell off their water noodle which caused a chain reaction of tears, screams, and naughty splashing.

Since leaving mormonism and loosing my hope for an eternity with the people I love the most, I still wish for some sort of eternal something. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But last night was my idea of what my eternity would be like.

What's yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:04PM

Now with my parents ALL THE TIME, but somewhere I can go visit. My dogs--I want them with me ALL THE TIME.

I would just like those I love to be okay and I do get the backyard business. I love my backyard. I worked really hard on it in years I had absolutely no money--and everyone loves my backyard. It is private and I can sit there for hours and just escape.

And there has to be music (all types).

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:11PM

What a nice family image, Heather. I miss my kids being that age. Goofing off with immediate family, where you can just be yourself, is one of the great pleasures in life.

I don't know what my preferred Eternity would be like, but I imagine it would be something that completely dwarfs anything that Earthly. I love your choice, though.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:29PM

It was Bosco, my cat buddy.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:50PM

I don't want an eternity. I love my dogs, so if I had to have an eternity they have to be there.

I'm fine with making the best of this life and then checking out. I really don't understand the living forever desire.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 02:41PM

I'd like to live in a huge southern mansion (no dirt to clean up in eternity) on some acreage, and keep Friesans.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 02:52PM

I'd like to be with my husband and my pets... with the freedom to see all of the beautiful places in the world without having to fly and the ability to eat and drink whatever I want without gaining weight.

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 02:54PM

My kids? YES! They're my best company, smart, creative, kind, witty. My dad? NO. I'd spend eternity cooking, cleaning and being told I'm not good enough. And cats. Yes, lots and lots of cats.

Posted by: Juno ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 05:04PM

I would want to live in a place full of natural beauty. I want to be with my husband and surrounded by friends. My family and in laws aren't a part of this heaven, nor is religion. I want my kids there, but they are adults (in real life they are all young). We would explore the world, read great books, eat amazing food, be surrounded by great works of art; basically all the things I am striving to do with my life right now.

Posted by: dit ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 05:55PM

Funny, I remember going through the San Antonio open house looking at the telestial, terrestial and celetial rooms and it was the terrestial room that I rather been in than in all the others. The hill country here is beautiful, I'd love to live here with my daughter and pets forever, my husband, not so much. I'd be fine if he dropped off somewhere between here and there, lol.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 06:10PM

I don't believe in perfection, and I wouldn't want it if it was real. I would love to continue learning, though, to have more time to discover the mysteries of life and the universe. I'd love to reinvent myself, to live as someone else from time to time. I'd love to keep expanding my understanding of existence.

Really, though, I just want one good life. It doesn't have to go on forever, but I want it to be meaningful in some small way, even if the only people impacted by my existence are my kids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.