Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:04PM

I grew up in VA and used to live in SC, so I'm pretty used to hurricanes. However, this is the first time I've lived in NC and NC seems to always get the brunt of the storms! A few months ago, my area was hit by a tornado and this weekend will probably be pretty wild.

Time to batten down the hatches, I guess!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:22PM

Stay safe!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:43PM

and right to you!! sorry honey! are ya coastal?? hope ya aint postal!! :) i was just talking to a seafood company in Myrtle Beach SC and they will get ready soon..... the Gulfstream helps steer the hurricanes right to the outer banks!

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 01:53PM

It's coming right at us. We're gonna get it in Florida!!

;o)

Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 12:52PM

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 01:09PM

Get down on your knees and pray for god to change the path of the storm (insert sarcastic voice when reading) or just be safe, get some extra water, canned goods, granola bars, battery powered radio, and batten down the hatches.

Date: August 23, 2011 01:36PM

if you have the resources... get a battery operated FAN!! and stock up today!! buy plenty "O" batteries...especially "D"!! this could end up being a monster.... and i was wrong about the Gulfstream steering the Hurricanes.... they feed em not steer em!! so sorry!

Date: August 23, 2011 01:47PM

We are located in the exact geographic center of North Carolina. I just asked my husband if we ought to get a generator. Our Lowes was destroyed in the tornado, though. It's going to reopen soon, but not soon enough for this storm.

Date: August 23, 2011 01:54PM

unless it is Hugoesque~~ i was in Charlotte for that one.... glad i was in the Marriott downtown.... we were the only power source for miles~!!

Date: August 23, 2011 02:30PM

We probably won't get the flooding, but we will get rain and wind. There are lots of trees around our house and we seriously just missed getting creamed in the tornado back in April. I bet there will be power outages, too.

Yee ha!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.