Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 01:20PM

He's mormon. Didn't Lincoln put out an extermination order on mormons?

And isn't it 33% of people saying that they'd be uncomfortable or wouldn't vote for a mormon president?

And he had the nerve to complain about a coworker, Canadian American, who got an American flag tattoo in the shape of a maple leaf. My mormon friend thought that the tattoo defamed the American flag.

My friend drives a pick up truck and is pro-American everything. Yet, he celebrate's Canada's thanksgiving day because his wife is Canadian, is mormon and is gay! I'd love to see what those rednecks he's emulating think of his sexuality and religion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 01:25PM by newcomer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 01:23PM

I believe it was Governor Boggs of Missouri.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 01:24PM by wine country girl.

Date: August 23, 2011 01:26PM

"Under the Banner of Heaven" made it seem like it was Lincoln who was the mormon hammer. It seemed like he was that close to pushing them out to the Pacific Ocean.

Out of curiosity, how do mormons view Lincoln?

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 02:06PM

The uber patriotism of Mormons is weird considering that BY moved them to Utah to get away from the evil US government.

“We will go to a land where there are at last no old settlers to quarrel with us…. We will leave this wicked nation, to themselves, for they have rejected the gospel, and I hope and pray that the wicked will kill one another & save us the trouble of doing it.” Prophet Brigham Young, quoted in “Journal of Heber C. Kimball,” under January 2, 1846; see Abanes, One Nation Under Gods, p. 216

“Joseph Smith escaped many conspiracies against his life…. But the Lord said – ‘Now let my servant seal up his testimony with his blood;’ and that sealed up the damnation of the United States, not of individuals, but of the nation…. I am prophet enough to prophesy the downfall of the government that has driven us out…. Wo to the United States! I see them going to death and destruction.” Prophet Brigham Young, in William S. Harwell, ed., Manuscript History of Brigham Young, 1847-1850, 1997, pp. 221, 238

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 02:25PM

Mormons used to swear an oath in their temples to avenge the deaths of Joseph and Hiram Smith on the United Sates.

Date: August 23, 2011 07:46PM

Leah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons used to swear an oath in their temples to
> avenge the deaths of Joseph and Hiram Smith on the
> United Sates.

Whoa! I'd love to hear Romney talk this one out...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.