Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 09:53PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 09:57PM

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 10:20PM

Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 11:26PM

HA! Good one

Date: August 24, 2011 01:20AM

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:04PM

how things transpired to result in such lack of inspiration. ;o)

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 01:41PM

Now THAT is a very "inspiring" pun! Brilliant! My hat's off to you for your rapier wit, Wiser Woman Now. :-D

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 01:52PM by imalive.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 09:57PM

snicker

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 10:07PM

A building code issue here? It could have been a temple spire vs. temple garments encounter. I would bet on the spire, myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 12:36PM by robertb.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 10:12PM

God must have been busy in Salt Lake City at the time. Heh! Heh!

Date: August 23, 2011 10:20PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/23/us-quake-usa-cathedral-idUSTRE77M7O720110823

Looks like God is delivering telegrams to various religious organizations.

Since the shaking is transmitted from the ground up, I'd be a bit concerned about what other structural damage might be hidden behind the facade of the temple. You have to do an awful lot of wiggling at the bottom, to get the spires to snap at the top.

And while we're on the subject... What's wrong with the Church architecture people? Didn't it ever occur to them to have the spires mounted to some stiff springs? They're just lucky some visiting General Authority didn't get speared by one of those things on the way down! What a faith-destroying calamity that would have been!

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 01:24AM

God just doesn't like spires. Maybe she's tired of all the phallic symbolism. =)

Posted by: mojoe ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:50AM

I'm new, looking at the comments on this board and the immediate thought is, what a bunch of angry, intolerant folks waxing on and on in what I can only call "mental and spiritual masturbation". There's no good that comes from it, but I guess you feel temporarily better having had an outlet for your built up hatred. This is Christian out reach? Take a look at yourselves and your writing for what it is - pretty sick stuff.

The Exmormon.org site is one great and spacious building with a lot of finger pointing going on - see yourselves for where and what you are.

Date: August 24, 2011 12:58AM

is Christian outreach? Sorry, but I think you've dialed the wrong number, sir.

And besides, we're just talking about minor damage to a cult-owned great-and-spacious building--not as big as the great-and-spacious LDS Conference Center, but still one of many paid for with the widow's mite.

I've been in the cult building in question. You know what they had me do there at the tender age of 19 years? They had me act out gestures symbolizing my own throat slitting and disembowelment. This, they told me, would be the penalty for disclosing the secret handshakes and passwords to outsiders.

And I only had to pay 10% of my income and play religious "Simon Says" games to be "worthy" of participating in that ridiculous cult nonsense.

Christian outreach? What a joke! Maybe you should try selling this silliness to people who are gullible enough to buy it.

Date: August 24, 2011 01:05AM

where that building was to be built. I was a child then and was not deemed ready to be able to go through it when it was built. But I was told that it would be so special that I would be amazed and awed. I looked forward to it for years only to find out that all it was was a bunch of silly costume games, silly pseudo-biblical incantations, secret handshakes and bloody oaths. You think I'm going to get teary eyed if a couple of spires fall off the roof?

The only people doing mental and spiritual masturbation are the Mormon zombies who keep trying to find "deep meaning" in Joseph Smith's hoaxed up and plagiarized temple rituals. They're just like the people in that story about the Emperor's new clothes who pretended to see fine and elegant clothing that did not actually exist.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 04:16PM

i likes it!! Hey Mojoe isnt it time to go to school again? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 04:16PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 05:55PM

I agree. Love it! And who's pointing fingers? We just call it as we see it up in here.

Posted by: mre ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 01:08AM

I keep telling those Virginians... come back when something actually happens...

5.9... pah.

:P Really though, funny articles everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 01:09AM by mre.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 01:27AM

Okay, maybe we have some grander goals, but that one is my favorite.

Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 03:35PM

Hell yeah! Slap me one right now!

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 01:32AM by Emma's Flaming Sword.

... like ME. ; )

If you're looking for a "kinder, gentler" approach, trying "Googling" your preferences. I imagine there are alternatives more in line with your needs. Good luck in your recovery!

: )

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:26PM

i.e. by the way, if you as a mojoe morgbot find these comments to be Kohorish in nature, why don't you place your arm to the square and curse this forum. You have the penishood. Put your penishood where your mouth is.

Posted by: Symboline ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:50PM

What are you talking about? We were making fun of some minor damage done to a temple. Maybe you should actually read the comments before you type.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:30PM

...while the world was crumbling around us gawd's houses (temples) would not be touched and would remain standing as a testament to gawd's power on earth.

Guess that one goes right out the window now doesn't it?

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:47PM

ah heem (cough) there is the Nigerian Temple that was shot up by the locals, the polynesian temple that was burned to the ground, that one UT temple whose Moron-i was struck by lightening. Perhaps I'm reading to much into this, but apparently the morgbots associated with these temples are not pleasing unto the lord, and he is punishing them for their wickedness. Example, the DC saints are wicked, and God is showing them that the fruits are not acceptable by cursing the spiral. Morgbots, if you are truly faithful, the temple will not be damaged by the elements. Plus, I mean really, it makes whoever dedicated the temple look really bad because he no doubt promised that the temple would be protected from the elements.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:47PM

All you anti's - you should bone up on your facts about that DC quake back in August 2011.

First, it was in VIRGINIA, not DC. We all know how the membership in Virginia, sadly, was decreasing more and more in those days.

And I heard the temple had been closed down several hours JUST BEFORE (like HOURS before) the quake hit, so it was not technically "the Lord's House" when it was damaged. Satan never misses an opportunity to persecute the true church.

After they fixed it, they re-dedicated it. So then all was restored to its former glory.

FPRs at work

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:55PM

For those who are unfamiliar with the reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_Dorothy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:54PM

Posted by: Gabriel ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:55PM

Angels are more powerful than earthquakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YE_KsedfQ

Beat that Moroni!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.