Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:18AM

Ok-Mormon Hot Sauce Mom is investigated by Social Services, but that department isn't going to do anything?

She was convicted of misdemeanor child abuse. Don't know what her sentence is yet.

I would think that there has to be SOMETHING this woman needs, like classes on parenting, maybe? Why is social Services doing NOTHING?

Hmm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:20AM

and if the family is complying to all the plans provisions then there is no cause to take the children out of the home.If she is not cooperative then there could be more hearings to determine if removing the kids from the home would be in the best interest at that time. Supposedly. And from an article I read, SS said they found no reason to remove the kids.

Date: August 24, 2011 11:39AM

I'm still trying to figure out why this woman went on Dr Phil in the first place. It can't be to get help. Making something like this public only damages your child, hence what the jury stated in its comments. So why?

Money?
Fame?
She thinks she is a great mother and wants affirmation?

The last one...especially since she's a mormon, bothers me most.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 03:03PM

My theory: She was too cheap to pay for therapy out of her own pocket.

I am not a parent, but if I was, and I had a couple of special needs kids who needed constant, intensive attention, I'd spare no expense to avail myself of any helpful resource I could. However, I'd draw the line at going on a talk show.

But if this woman watches Dr. Phil (and she must because she wanted to be on the show), then she would know that the show often offers and pays for therapy. Also, that show is notorious for misrepresenting the reason they've invited someone to appear, so to have better reactions for the camera when the blindside someone to make their point.

But I seriously think she was just trying to get someone else to pay for help.

Posted by: kristine ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 03:26PM

Supposedly she thought what she was doing to this boy (and perhaps her other kids) was good parenting and expected a pat on the back. When she saw all the horror and negative reactions from the audience she changed to tune to being desparate and asking for help with this kid.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 06:01PM

True that, Kristine. I saw her blog before she made it "friends only" and watched the clip from Dr. Phil. Her "I was begging for help" is a total fabrication.

Her blog was a fake "we are such a happy family" - not an honest note of being overwhelmed or even having an off day. After the clip was shown and Dr. Phil starts telling her that she was inappropriate she replies "In your opinion".

It is only when she notices the tears, shock and outrage on the audience's faces that she quickly changes her tune.

I am really, really surprised she was convicted. I was 95% sure she would show up in court with her ugly hairdo and a smug "I am a Mormon, I don't drink" and awe the jury with her holier-than-thou righteousness.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 06:56PM

I agree. I read her blog and had the same thoughts.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 03:00PM

The social services investigation apparently resulted in sufficient alarming evidence that it was turned over to the prosecutor. So now, social services will what reparations the court orders. Their job is to see that the kids are safe, seeing as how the mom refuses to do that. Their job is not to teach/rehab the mom. That'll be on her. My understanding is they are doing their job: they got the adopted kids out of the house and into therapy, which they obviously need. The mom is an adult. She is perfectly capable of finding therapy or parenting classes on her own. Because she did not do so, and committed a crime instead, the court may very well order her to do so -- she might get probation and that might very well be a condition of probation.

It's not social services' job to protect or assist parents; it's their job to protect and assist children when their parents or guardians prove themselves incapable of doing so.

Date: August 24, 2011 03:07PM

The children are still in her custody. They have not been removed from the home. And social services does assist the court in making sure the parents guidelines are followed (counseling, rehab, etc) when the parent becomes non-compliant social services will intervene and make the courts aware of the situation and then remove the kids from the home. At least in my experience of working with social services and CASA

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 03:11PM

the first aim, when a child is remanded into protective custody, is to reunite family and child. And this can involve quite of bit of family therapy.

of course it does not always work, but agencies can and do work extensively with parents in NYC to try to bring them up to snuff.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 06:11PM

She told Dr. Phil that when she saw the photographs over the internet of the twins in the Russian orphanage, she immediately had a "recognition" that one of the twins was "like a biological child" to her before meeting him. And that's why she adopted them. But that she never felt that for the other one--Kristoff--that gives her such trouble.

This bitch felt the Lord revealed one twin should have been her biological child and she should adopt him, so she had to take the other twin because they came as a package. That's what's really behind this situation. She treats them differently, so they behave differently. She resents that she had to take two in order to have the one that the Lord impressed on her should be sealed to her like a biological child...

Watch the whole Dr. Phil video--you'll hear this sorry ass spiritual experience of hers. And no one in the audience seems to react to it because they probably don't even understand what she said or have the language to make sense of it.

Date: August 24, 2011 06:13PM

that is seriously messed up. No wonder the poor kid is having an even more difficult time adjusting....

Date: August 24, 2011 07:24PM

Thanks for that info Christina. That explains a lot. She is *seriously* in need of help. There are some mormons out there with some extremely nutty ideas.

Problem is, you just can't talk to mormons who *know* because they just don't hear you.

It's interesting how it takes people (and the law) outside the morridor to drive that point home.

C'mon, isn't there a better way to discipline a kid that resorting to hot sauce, cold showers and public embarrassment on National TV?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.