Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:22AM

Did you know Jesus went to Japan. Yeppers! And he escaped crucifixion when his brother, Isukiri, volunteered to be put to death in his place.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/08/24/no-wierder-than-any-other-religious-story/

And I bare my testimonkey that it all true. In the name of Joseph Smith, Amen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:03PM

LOL

I loved his last sentence, "I also wonder if the people of Shingo intentionally put up the sign to screw with Mormon missionary heads."

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:35PM

This is an utter falsehood. Everyone knows that his bother's name was Harry as in "Jesus Christ and his bother Harry". This non-spiritual ejaculation is often shortened to "Jesus H. Christ".

Posted by: His_dudeness ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 07:45PM

I have read that Joseph of Arithima was a maternal uncle of Jeusus and a merchant.

Actually since Christ's years for age 12 (in the temple), to age 30 when the ministry started, there are no details.
Prhaps he travelled with his merchant uncle on a few trips.

I believe the more plausible legends that he may have visited India, China and Tibet. It has more logic, than the Book of Mormon.

http://www.jesus-in-india-the-movie.com/

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 10:28PM

At BYU in the early seventies, a Japanese LDS student told me that Japanese people were Nephites too, cuz the ancient name of Japan, "Nihong", was just a form of Nephi.

Mkay...

Posted by: greekgod ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 02:09AM

It makes more sense to me to think this Jesus was really keen to eastern mysticism. Maybe he traveled east, became spiritually initiated by some Hindu or Buddhist mystic, and returned west. Makes more sense to me, but I refuse to believe that I need Jesus to save me.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 05:13AM

agree gg. There's some interesting evidences of a Yuz Asaf in Persia, and an Issa in the Himalayas.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.