Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 09:15PM

Did anyone catch Beck's redonkulous speech in Israel? Aside from his usual batshit rhetoric, he addressed the crowd with the Adamic temple prayer (ie. translated version of pay lay ale) saying "Listen to the words of my mouth." Shouldn't the momos be having a cow right now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 09:34PM

I bet they're all "mooing" as we speak. ;-)

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 10:14PM

It's pretty obvious Mr. Beck believes he has been appointed a special task, or rather anointed.

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 10:21PM

I guarantee that the GAs are just hoping and praying he goes away.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 10:37PM

I didn't see or hear it. What was the big announcement I hear he was to make. Does he really think the Jews are loving him?

Posted by: Laban's Head forgot her password ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 10:25AM

I'm not positive, but I watched a clip on Huffington Post titled "announcement" where he raged on about how wonderful Israel is then shifted into apartheid (sp?) and then announced that he was leaving Israel Friday and flying to So Africa where "real apartheid' was practiced. Then the next day he will fly to So America (didn't say where that I noticed) where 5000 leaders from all over the continent will travel to hear him - say what, I don't know. Then he goes to Someplace, Texas where he will speak and where his new charitable organization will be based.

So, it looks like the announcement was a travel itineray and a plug for his new charitable organization which I think had a name, but I didn't catch it.

That man is amazing. I border on wishing he would rage on long enough to do some real damage to the church or else just self-destruct already! So torn.

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 10:37PM

I heard it! I thought OMG! I wish I knew what the regular Israelis think of him. He also said "every fiber of my being". Felt like I was in church again.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 12:18AM

and have to be carried off babbling off the podium. Seems the type.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 12:58AM

SUSAN! Cludgie and Socrates2 are eating the popcorn I sent down for margie! This has got to stop! No shoving, no pushing, we can all go down and move to the next room in orderly fashion. As has been done on other worlds, we wish everyone to use their new name (their logon).

Imagine the fun if Glenn Beck declared himself to be the Second Coming of Christ with chalkboard proofs. "Why can't anyone see this but me?"

Anagrammy

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 07:03AM

of his arrogant self being killed by the forces of Babylon and then resurrecting on the 3rd day to lead the forces of God and prepare for the coming of Jesus then he could make his god delusion-image a little clearer for the rest of us unwashed pagan morons.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 02:25AM

That would be funny stuff right there. With his ego I can totally see it.

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 04:04AM

Whatever crazy things he said, and I'm sure there were plenty, that particular expression is a widely used religious expression. It may be used (in whatever batshit crazy way) the mormons use it in the temple, but it didn't originate with them.

EDIT: The phrase comes from Psalm 54:2; it's used regularly in the Catholic Office, for instance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2011 07:13AM by Lorraine aka síóg.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 04:23AM

Mormon General Authorities--does not preface their words with that phrase, the result is that we must assume that the words are coming out of their butts. This is both logically consistent and based on empirical observation.

;o)

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 09:28AM

I just watched clips so I'm not sure what the "big announcement" was, but the part I saw reminded me of being in church listening to one of those over-zealous, hyper-animated types launch into a diatribe. He read some biblical scripture and the commentator said it sounded like he was saying that Isiah prophesized that one day HE would speak in Israel. Can someone please up this guy's meds???

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 09:51AM

We were talking about nutbags, one of whom works with us ranting about commies, unwed mommies and Obahmies tearing down the country, and somebody said "speaking of whackjobs, who the hell is this Glen Beck?". Naturally, I mentioned that he was LDS and that the Mormons just love him 'cuz he speaks their language. He and the person we were laughing about would make a great team...actually she is a fundamentalist evangelical so she would probably kill GB, but I digress.

Anyway, I think a few people left the breakroom with a slightly refreshed view of mormons.

I've also seen a few of the articles on the web and they all point out that he is a devout mormon. (heehee)

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 10:58AM

Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Michelle Bachman.

No disrespect to you, my dear American friends, but why are most of your politicians and political reporters insane? If someone stood up in Parliament here in the U.K and announced all the God shit that some of your politicians spout, they would be sectioned immediately.

Take your country back America! It is currently owned by mega-business self-serving arseholes that resemble the heads of TCOJCOLDS

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 11:03AM

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 11:27AM

This was a hot topic last night but Chris Hayes (subbing for O'Donnell) apparently did not get the Mormon connection. He just thought it was quite arrogant and, indeed, opined that Beck sees himself as a latter-day prophet.

Posted by: athreehourboree ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 02:29PM

Chris Tucker said that in Rush Hour long before...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.