Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: unbeliever42 ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:04PM

Ever had one of those weeks where things were up and down and up and down and WAY UP and WAY DOWN?

Well, I just had one.

Seeing GLAJ post about his rotten flu made me realize that I've been dealing with a lot of stuff this week too, starting with almost dying from a severely abscessed tooth (I'm terrified of dentists) last Thursday, and then having emergency oral surgery to get it out of my mouth, right before I had to drive out of town on Friday for interviews at my professional conference on Saturday and Sunday. The interviews all went great, and then I came home, and then last night my car decided to develop expensive electrical problems that I can't afford, right before I start my awesome new job which is a 60-mile one-way commute, and of course I can't qualify for a car loan so I can trade the hunk of junk because I haven't been able to pay a student loan for about four months and my credit is in the toilet.

And yet there's this awesome community here, and you know what? Makes it all worthwhile, even though I may have trouble finding a way to get to work for a few weeks. You folks rock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:24PM

Is there any decent public transporation where you live?

Posted by: unbeliever42 ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:27PM

No, I wish! :(

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:53PM

What a shitty week. I hope you're at least feeling better with the tooth out?

But...I do really love a good roller coaster. Watch it in full screen and enjoy. Then, maybe go have a caramel apple and some popcorn. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXPhOFRxTc

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.