Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:30PM

Earth: The Operators' Manual on PBS

Times listed are for the Utah (KUED Channel 7) viewing audience.

Thu, Aug 25
12:00 AM KUEDDT
PBS 7

Fri, Aug 26
2:00 AM KUEDDT
PBS 7

Mon, Aug 29
3:00 AM KUEDDT
PBS 7

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:44PM

Looks interesting.

However, I think that most people who don't believe in global warming wouldn't be interested in watching a television program that offers significant evidence that it exists.

Most people (regardless of their position on any topic) unconsciously gravitate toward media that affirms their positions rather than challenges them.

So while it would be nice if skeptics (or cynics) of GW would watch the program, I would hold my breath.

Personally, I probably won't watch it because I'd probably bc too depressed by it. From what I understand, we've passed the tipping point anyway, there's probably nothing we can do to stop it now and (in this country anyway) the political climate required for significant change simply doesn't exist. (And that's assuming we're the only country on the planet whose actions would make a difference, which of course is not the case.)

It would be interesting to find out what's going to happen, though. Are we simply going to go through a warm period where 90% of the species diversity of the planet will become exitinct over the next few hundred thousand years before the planet readjusts and recovers or will the worst case scenario happen and we'll turn Earath into another Venus.

So depressing...

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:55PM

But most heavy, polluting industry in the US has moved to a country where you are sent to a Prison Labor Camp for suggesting pollution controls.

Maybe they could translate this program into Mandarin?

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 11:58PM

I think the worldwide, there is no political climate for significant change.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.