Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mav ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 06:13PM

Twice today. Young mothers with low rider pants and a top leaving space for 3" of garmies. I do not want to see their 1800's magic underwear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: laluna ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 08:45PM

I know exactly what you mean! It's like a garment wall. They have to realize that they are showing. It seems to be happening more and more too. Some day I am not going to be able to bite my tongue and I am going to have to say something.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 08:50PM

Aren't the garments supposed to be sacred to Mormons? Seems weird that they'd be flashing them then, and in such a tacky way...the TBM version of a g-string sticking out of some chick's low-slung jeans.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 09:55PM

pretend your an innocent nonmo,and ask "your wearing an undershirt in this heat?"

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 09:59PM

but I was sitting on a bench at the Long Beach, CA airport waiting for my ex to get our rental car. A family that came in on the same plane as us got their rental van before my ex got back to me. The wife had on low rider jeans and a top with elastic in the bottom. When she bent over to put a kid in a car seat, her shirt popped up to about the level of her bra. I thought she must have a t-shirt on under her shirt, but, nope, that would have been her garment bottoms pulled up to her bra.

I saw more garments in Southern CA than I even see in CAche Valley--little bits and pieces sticking out of summer shirts and too short of shorts (above the knee).

I also have some nonmo friends who live in North Ogden. They say that many people jog with their garments hanging out of their shorts.

I think they do it on purpose--you can certainly tell when you sit down if your garments are showing. It is really rather disgusting.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 10:38PM

Polygamists in the St. George area (where it hits 110 F regularly in the summers) wear the "old-style garments" with collars, long sleeves and ankle-length legs. They, wear long-sleeve shirts to cover their old-style garmies. The "Saints" in CA don't know how easy they have it.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 11:26PM

I've actually said (to people I know and somewhat jokingly)
"Your religion is showing!" Embarrasses them...lol

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 12:54AM

I wonder if it is the style of pants or something. I see them constantly hanging out around here.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 08:55AM

Century fashion. Crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 08:57AM by mav.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 09:28AM

I faithfully wore garments for a long time and I thought I made sure they didn't show, long shirts, long skitrs and pants. I kept pulling my shirts down when getting up or sitting down, etc. But sometimes I just wanted to wear something that I thought would cover my garments but it didn't. One day my daughter said something like 'when your garments show' and I was mortified, she said yeah not often like other people but sometimes they do.

Now that I wear normal clothes, most of the time anyway, I have realized why. With an extra high waist bottom and an extra long top, if you are of average height, the top and bottom meet and make a few inches of double layer. With regular underwear and no undershirt, I can feel if my shirt is pulled up, I feel the air and I know something is probably showing. With the double layer, even if the top is pulled up it doesn't expose the skin and you don't feel a thing so you think you are all covered up and modest.

Of course at Church we'd hear, your clothes must adapt to your garments and not the other way around. Well that's probably easier for a man. If you're a woman and you must buy your clothes instead of making them yourself it becomes a bigger challenge.

D

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 10:59AM

I see the garmies exposed quite a bit while shopping. I have always felt that is a way of telling the world,,look,,I am more religious than you,,I'm better and a special person. it seems that most times it is the women that let them hang out below the shorts or don't cover the mid-section.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.