Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:04PM

'docturine' or CULTure?

MoMism is SO VERY DE-PERSONALIZING (birthday thread)... it's really Not Compatible with humanity!

It's like all ppl are reduced to being Cogs in God's wheel...

You're "O.K." ... but Mostly ignored... as long as the wheel turns...

yours?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 01:05PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:27PM

Lying and hiding

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:29PM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:39PM

The biggest fail on the part of the church as a beacon to everlasting life is that in order to be a faithful member and an joint heir with Christ, you must accept as truth things that can be proven false by the church's own publications.

Not only must you accept the current notions, but you must forget but never disavow former teachings that embarrass the church. Those who point out previous teachings may very well be found guilty of heresy or apostacy and lose their place in the Celestial Kingdom since LDS Priesthood authority is bound in Heaven, despite the contrast of one judgement or another depending entirely upon the personality of the common judge in Israel 9Bishop/Stake President).

In order to be faithful and found at the Right hand of God, you must perform your duties to the church whether you believe or not. In the discussions with my Bishop back when I was trying to salvage my testimony, it was pointed out that if I would put my questions behind me and serve the church with all my diligence, that I would regain my testimony of the Work. In fact, despite the great level of disbelief and loss of faith, that same Bishop renewed my temple recommend and in the interview asked me the questions and rephrased in such a way that I could answer appropriately. Thus, I had no problem at all just answering the Stake Pres' questions without being honest and he told me I was a stalwart member and a good example to the Ward and Stake.

So not only does the church require that its members keep its secrets safe, but that they can enter the Celestial Kingdom as long as they are found doing their duty. And that makes perfect sense. You see, because doctrines change and people are to follow only the living prophet and those teachings of the past that still remain today, nobody can ever really be sure that they are on the right path if they stop to think about it.

For sure, many of the things I knew to be true when I left the church as a teenager were not true and never taught when I returned as an adult. Nevertheless, I understood full well that we still believed them, but it was wrong to talk about it because it made the church look bad.

Contrary to the teachings of Christ and the general theme in religion, in the LDS church your salvation and connection to God is not based upon your belief, but on your following the directions of the leadership, and despite the constant reminder to be worthy to have the Holy Ghost as a guide, you must put that still small voice behind if it does not agree with the most current and altered teachings of the church.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:41PM

And DW loves to do just that. (What do you call the kind of control freak who doesn't dispense the control, but loves receiving it?)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.