Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 03:01PM

I wanted to post on your thread, but of course by the time I was able to it was closed, so I'm just gonna do it this way.
So many people have already expressed the same things I've felt: the outrage, the sorrow, the compassion for what you're having to go through, and the completely justifiable desire to open a giant can of whoop-ass on the sick f*ck(s) responsible for causing you and your family such unwelcome, unwarranted, and unnecessary grief.

I can't really add much more to what's already been said, but I will say this. No man is an island, and when something like this happens to just one person, there is a ripple effect that reaches out to others, beyond the limits of the ward boundaries, into families, neighborhoods, even entire communities.

The cult has done this, and many other evils, to thousands of people. Each time it happens, it affects more and more people, as more and more victims begin to speak out about what's happened to them and it becomes general knowledge on the internet and public forums.

We've seen it happen with Prop H8, we've seen it happen with Packer's October 2010 hatefest, and we see it happen practically every day, in publicized articles, or personal accounts on a much smaller scale in forums like this, and blogs that grow ever more numerous as the chickens come home to roost and the LDS piper is called to pay the tune.

I promise you that in this, as in everything else they've ever done, one of these times this deliberate and malicious destruction of families will cross one boundary too many. And when it does, there will be many, MANY thousands more than just a few "bitter, hackneyed" ex-mos that will be ready to pull a Jesus-and-the-moneychangers on their collective cult ass.

As for you, Man in Black, I know you're made of far better stuff than they can ever hope to be. Here's a little something to give you some extra mojo ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fSEjlLQcRY&ob=av2n

Wishing you the best,
~IF~

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 03:07PM

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 07:57PM

At times like this, TSCC shows its true colors. You would think that TSCC’s priority would be sparing the feelings of the “faithful” family members, but it is not. Far more important is PUNISHING the member who strays by wreaking havoc in his family relationships. If TBM family members suffer from the fallout, it is of no concern to church leaders.

Sometimes fence-sitters ask, “But what about the good the church does?” It is incidents like this one that erase any remaining vestiges of good memories which exmos might otherwise have about the church!

Thank you for your post on this topic, which was well-articulated as usual.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 08:03PM

The fact that a ward member would pick up the phone and call MiB's parents, who live hundreds of miles away, still blows my mind. What kind of awful, unconscionable person would do that?

At a minimum, I'd like to see MiB take it to the bishop and make this person accountable for his (or her) extremely poor behavior. I wouldn't let that person get away with it without making a major stink. Such behavior should be called to account. Otherwise people feel free to do it again and again.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 08:57PM

Only problem is I'm not entirely sure who it was. I have a few guesses, but there are several people it could have been.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.