Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Church Enemy ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 08:59PM

In my case, the church lost (and still losing) plenty of members and potential converts. As conceited as this may sound, I truly had what it took to make an impact in favor of the Church. I had what I thought was a testimony and the work ethic to really get things rolling. Plus, the gift of gab isn't something that I lack.

However, those same qualities that would have made me a force to reckon with in favor of the Church, has transformed me into a thorn on its side.

Ever since I finally accepted to see and embrace the light, I've been in a quest to inform as many people as possible of the fraud and inaccuracies of not only the LDS Church but of religion as well.

How about you? What and how much did the Church lose when you left?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 09:19PM

My respect. Plus my 10%, of course.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:35PM

They probably didn't lose much with me since I ask a lot of questions and complain a lot. I also don't have a lot of money and have no problem with turning down jobs I don't want to do.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:39PM

actually liked Scouts and Nursery the best. Any time they were high and dry to fill those callings, I jumped right in. And they lost a decent amount of tithing - hopefully what they lost will be equal to what they received from me someday. Because I was a very faithful tithe payer, even putting tithing on my credit card one year when I accidentally underpaid and paying on a largish inheritance another year.

Never again.

Posted by: ss ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:43PM

it's loosing the most bright, intelligent people who have energy, talents and desire to study and think independently...

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:52PM

My expertise in the morg, if you will, was scouting. I had spent 15 years in the scouting program, turning out about 25 eagles. I had the money to purchase a 15 passenger van, new equiptment, and supplement quality adventures. I ran a well organized, well attended, and exciting program. Would have done it for many years to come. I found out about the dark underbelly of the church while a 1st councilor in the bishopric. I know that I would have been a Bishop in the next few years, High Councilman, and who knows. I have a very welling paying job in the Fed's, and live in a rich neighborhood - oh and they won't be geting my 15K anymore in tithing. They lost a lot with me, plus I took 5 of my kids with me. My son is in the service, and my girls thing mormons are weird now. That's what they get for lying to people.

Posted by: TopperMan ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 11:51AM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 11:57AM

They lose the cost of building more wardhouses for us. In a bad economy that could be a good thing.

They lose closet doubters, people who like to study and analyze their lives, and other trouble makers.

They have undoubtedly made their peace with troublesome members leaving. They just wish human nature didn't include so much independent thinking in some people!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.