Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shane Stewart ( )
Date: September 01, 2011 04:37PM

I really think all of the lies of TSCC were a blessing. If not for the lies, how would I have ever seen the truth?

If I had grown up being taught "yeah Joseph liked to fuck 14 year old, but he was only a man with flaws" or "how else would you receive revelation but with a seer stone" or "of course there were changes to the BOM", what would I have learned as an adult that would have made me say WTF and think about it? If i had been taught that secret handshakes were normal for God, how would I have ever been shocked into reconsidering TSCC?

So in the end I'm grateful for the lies, without them I would have been brainwashed into believing the truth was OK.

Shane Stewart

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: September 01, 2011 06:14PM

You have a point. The blatant lies of Mormonism are a clue to the wise. The rattlesnake has its rattle, and the Mormon church has outrageous claims. Step away from both.

Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 02, 2011 02:22AM

Good point! The lies are exactly what made me realize that this is 1984 bullshit and I want out!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.