Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wellsville ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 09:34AM

This seems to be how I perceive it at the Ward. Is it just my little Utah Ward or is this prevalent elsewhere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wonderer ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 09:54AM

and if he doesn't win, they'll find some excuse, such as, 'there is opposition in all things' lol

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 01:11PM

I was told as a youth that in the last days there would be a Mormon president of the United States. I've never seen any actual source for it, but that is what I was told.

So, yeah, I'm sure LDS believe there is something to Mitt being preserved to come forward and help to save the nation in the latter days. And Glenn Beck is Elijah. ;-)

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:20PM

It's all part of Joe's White Horse Prophesy
http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/whitehorseprophecy.htm

That's why Hatch talked about the Constitution hanging by a thread when he ran for President, because in his mind he thought he was the one.

IF a Mormon ever gets elected President, half of UT (if it happened in 2012) would be packing their hand carts, buying guns and ammo, and just being waiting for the word from Packer (who would hopefully be Profit when it happens) to start heading to Missouri.....

Yea!!! Utah will finally be a nice place to live when they leave. (I feel sorry for those of you in Missouri.)

Posted by: no way ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:32PM

Mittens will never get elected POTUS. There's too many in the south who can't stomach the faith (and the penetration of that knowledge is still quite low). As a commentator said in the political press on 3rd Nov - too many don't consider Mittens a Christian.

And those who don't mind the thought of having his Bish having that much control over the free world, there's always hisa confusing positions on all the hot-button conservative issues. Though he shares that trait with the inventor of Mo'ism the Bible Thumpers and DeMints of this world would never let him get away with it.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:35PM

Absolutely they do! Without a doubt!

I hear about it all the time. Everything the cult does is to pave the way for this but Joseph Smith prophesy. (Actually, JS just had "prophesies" to promote what he wanted to do: have sex with other women, take people's money and property, skip town--even become President of the US.

Even with all the recent homosexual flap, more American voters are against gays than are for gays, unfortunately. The cult is trying so hard to align with the majority, enhance its PR, try to become mainstream, appear bigger and more global than it really is, toward this end.

It will be interesting to see how much LDS money goes into Romney's campaign--if it can be traced.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:39PM

I never remember hearing anything of the sort... At least not in my little corner of the usa

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 05:12PM

of power; they want blood in the streets so they can justify their own grab for power.

It's sad to see my Mo relatives gloat over every disaster and outbreak of violence in the world. They can not wait till everything is broken, and Jesus comes to chastise the wicked and hand the reins of government over to "the faithful" - meaning them, of course.

A stable government, a prosperous economy, a happy and educated people is a poor environment for zealots.

Posted by: annonn ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 05:45PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 05:50PM

Just give it time and he'll say something stupid like his father did when running for pres: "..went to Viet Nam and was brainwashed..."...

Just give it time.

Ron

Posted by: Steve ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 05:55PM

Are you from wellsville? I lived there when I was a teen for a short while.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.