Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:50PM

So all of our friends and family know we are exmo :) We say it loud and proud.

We also tell alot of new friends, because often religion comes up when we hang out.

Well we have this friend right now and his wife and we have been hanging out for a few months and they know we are exmo.

I got a text message from the wife and she was very freaked out. She had just been visited by the missionaries. She was getting ready for work and about to hop in the shower so she ignored the door, but they kept BANGING and pounding as loud as they could. So she looked out the peep hole and saw suits. Her husband is waiting for some legal documents and figured it had something to do with that. When she opened the door she realized who they were and they kept harassing her to come in and pray with her. She said no multiple times and said she was on her way to work and that her husband wasn't home. Well the two missionaries brushed past her and into her apt.

She was very nervous and asked them to leave and they did not. They just kept talking about "have you found your prophet? We have a prophet" etc etc. She told them she needed to go to work and was going to be late so they said ok and they wanted to pray with her. THEY INSISTED. She told them they weren't interested in LDS or any other church and asked them to leave. They just started praying. When they were done they told her they would stop by on another day to see how she was. She told them no. They would be moving soon and since she was NOT interested to please leave and not come back. They left her with a card and said they would give her name to the referal center for the area they were moving to. She declined again and they FINALLY LEFT.

So I called her and we talked about it and she was scared and nervous. SO I called SLC to find out what mission we were in and called the mission home. I also looked up from their address what ward they would be in so we could pin point who the missionaries were. I called the bishop and got no answer and i called the first counselor. I got up with the 1st C. and he was very apologetic and said this was not the first time they have had this problem and it has been going on for a while.

My friends husband wanted the bishops # so I gave it to him and when he called him, the bishop wanted to come over and discuss it with him and told him "I am sure your wife invited them in so they felt obligated to oblige" (which he assured him that she had not invited them in) And he told him that he had heard it was against mission rules to go into home where a woman is alone etc.

When the mission home and 1st counselor asked how I knew to call them I said I was an exmo and I wanted to let them know about this disturbing behavior. The people at the mission home tried to blame it on people "dressing up and impersonating" missionaries and I said "Honestly??? Who would want to be dressing up as a mormon at this point in time?" they had nothing to say. It was a crazy day

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Highland ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:25PM

I'm sure she was too startled to think straight, but it's too bad she didn't tell them she'd call the police for trespassing and burglary.

Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:28PM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:30PM

Posted by: Yewt102 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:32PM

next time call the cops on them haha.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 03:54PM

by the door! I don't discuss, intruders leave or they take the consequences.

I applaud you for reporting the outrageous behavior.Those missionaries need to be sent home!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.