Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: churchlady ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 03:29PM

So i'm skimming through the book and near the end it talks about how Elder Ballard comes to see him and gives him a blessing and tells him he will recover from his heart attack because he still has work to do ( turns out he has to get the couple of kids who have fallen away back to church) I hate that the church will use any thing to get people back in, even after all he had done, nope, not good enough Larry, you gotta guilt your kids back in even from your death bed! Mormon funerals are all about that, not much about the person and all about talking down to the family that aren't tbm. UGH!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 03:31PM

I hated that book. Even by autobiography standards, it is not a good read.

Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 03:51PM

Larry Miller doing one of his last interviews with a kutv reporter iirc.
They were talking about his life and legacy and Larry dropped a bomb of an admission in my opinion.

Larry said " I hope there is an after life.... uhhh ohh well I know there must me one?"

I think larry was a closet Mo doubter and like many was afraid to say anything. Why else would a NBA owner sit in his car outside the delta center on a Sunday listening to his team inside playing in the playoffs..
how sad for him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.