Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 05:19PM

I know TSCC is in deep trouble, but just wondering if anyone "high up" in TSCC actually KNOWS if the real reasons members are jumping ship get back to The Big Boyz?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 05:30PM

Yep. Everything on this board goes to the first presidency, encrypted of course.

Ron

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 02:22PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 05:34PM

the GAs always have Pretty Well INSULATED themselves from the rank-and-file.

The 'Ship' they're sailing on... has too much Keel, Not enuf Rudder.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 05:41PM

guynoirprivateeye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the GAs always have Pretty Well INSULATED
> themselves from the rank-and-file.
>
> The 'Ship' they're sailing on... has too much
> Keel, Not enuf Rudder.

Agreed. Also, anything posted on here would just be viewed as "anti-mormon" rants that should be ingored.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 05:46PM

Like their PR firm. They don't need to poll us or ask us annoying questions. They can just read here and compile a list of complaints to present to the CEOs of ChurchCo.

Not that they'll do anything about it, of course, but knowing why people are pissed off and disaffected is extremely useful research if you need to staunch the bleeding.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 05:54PM

those LDS INC Execs/ MORmON ASSpostHOLES are so self infatuated that they can hardly think of anything except for how wonderful they are.

when the latest report of declining offering revenue/ declining convert numbers comes in they might wonder about why for a few seconds, but then they are back on track thinking about how they are personally going to remedy the situation with their dynamic personal dynamism & holiness .

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 07:23PM

They are sheltered from the riffraff with armed bodyguards and steel plated hotel walls. They are followed around by yes men and flatterers who form a long, wobbly tail behind them like spermatozoa.

Their speeches are written for them by faceless professionals, and they are adored in general conferences and other meetings.
"What, me worry?" they should say.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 04:29PM

Don Bagley Wrote:
> They are sheltered from the riffraff with armed
> bodyguards and steel plated hotel walls. They are
> followed around by yes men and flatterers who form
> a long, wobbly tail behind them like spermatozoa.
>
> Their speeches are written for them by faceless
> professionals, and they are adored in general
> conferences and other meetings.
> "What, me worry?" they should say.

Your post reminds me of a time when I was watching General Conference with my mother and aunt. (everyone else had left TSCC by then) My aunt commented on how the GA's must be truly inspired to able to give such inspirational talks and to do it without any notes. Her face dropped when I pointed out that they simply read their talks from the teleprompters (the 2 pieces of glass on either side of them). I actually felt bad when I saw how let down she was. But it was more important that she know the truth.

Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 07:34PM

James Mitchell
Fountain Green, UT

I should be easy to find. I'm in the phone book.

If I hear from any Mormons I'd be happy to have a chat with them. Then I'll return and report.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 09:34PM

I'll try this too. Maybe i'll get my resignation stuff faster if i'm seen on this board. :)

Karin Sumbler
Ontario, Canada. Check Canada 411

look under B. sumbler

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 09:50PM

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 10:10PM

they are just following good policy like AT&T. When I worked in the legal field you can't imagine the secrecy that was around the dozens of personal numbers for the head of Verizon. These corporate chiefs are hated-- like warlords of the opposing mafia gang. They have security everywhere, almost like the Republican convention.

The pope drives around in the pope-mobile. THe General Authorities and the CEO of Verizon drive around in.....hiding. Yep, blacked out generic limousines.

No adoring crowds like religious leaders. No float on Pioneer Day with the beloved prophet smiling and throwing flowers. They sneer on such foolishness as they pour over the spreadsheets they are responsible and then they read whatever drivel is handed to them from the podium.

Nothing to stand up for.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Buddy Joe ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 10:59PM

The high ups never ask what going on the base. It has something to do with their self confidence. It is more I don’t ask so I don’t know and therefore I can just not feel gilt about the misery that I create.
But they have for sure people they watch all the anti blogs. They filter the arguments creating lasts and statistics, passing on the list to professional sales and management professionals and come up with answers for the TBMs before they even ask.
No the high ups don’t wanna know this either. They pay a lot of money that others do the dirt job. Always like, I don’t ask, you don’t tell and they can maintain their innocent self confidence.

It is the same in the economy and politics. Do someone actually believe that the CEO of Mercedes Benz really wanno no how one of the workers feel and how he struggles to make ends meet? No they don’t wanna know, so they can keep their self confidence and maintaining the self imagination about being the good guy.
That’s the reason why noting changes in Religion, in Economy and Politics.

The Headline is: I don’t ask, you don’t tell. And for the gap between, they are hired people which take care of it.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 08, 2011 11:07PM

Probably not. They don't have any real interest, or have the time in their busy schedules to be concerned with the "dead wood" (in their view) that leaves.
They take practically no interest in the local level anymore. They used to, but now they have dozens of 70's who have that assignment if the bishop can't handle it.

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 01:41PM

Here's my thoughts:

Good leadership stays AWARE at all times of how they are PERCEIVED by: their target market, satisfied customers, disgruntled customers, top customers, those who don't buy/join, the general public...in other words, EVERYONE. If not personally, then through reports.

However, not all leaders practice this because maybe they don't care or don't want to know or are self-deluded victims of their own bullshit, or otherwise are too insulated from the rank and file. This is stupid but happens all the time.

So does LDS church leadership pay attention to what is being said about them online and offline?

I'm starting to think YES...because if nothing else, our favorite organization is remarkably effective at doing what it wants to do (but not what it promises to do).

They are running the church like CEO's and a board run a corporation, so (for them) what's a best practice for one is a best practice for the other.

Do you know how much big corporations spend on marketing? Quite a bit of "marketing" is customer/prospect research and understanding the reality of your business environment and how you are perceived before you position yourself, make your value proposition/offer, and advertise to get the word out.

This is how businesses grow. They are a business. They want to grow. So I think they would apply this. When they hired that big PR Firm, I can imagine there was much research and discussion over Mormons' perceived image--present vs the desired image you want people to have.

My guess is that since spending billions on a PR firm, they have begun paying more attention to what is being said about them online in order to gauge the effectiveness of their PR Campaigns.

They are probably also doing it to protect their name online and trying to dominate the search engine rankings with the goal of someday seeing all 10 Google results for "mormon polygamy" being sites made by the church and its drones with lots of money poured into buying backlinks and pushing all other sites down to the 2nd and 3rd page of results.

Online IS where you will see more and more marketing and recruiting for them (think missionaries now being assigned to use Facebook daily).

So while the LDS leadership is historically full of themselves and their own bullshit, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they can at least apply best practices that other multi-billion dollar enterprises do and have found successful.

So now it's a question of WHAT do they watch and WHERE?

Do they see exmormons' opinions as valuable for retention purposes? I'd like to think so. I sure as hell would if I were them, even if I didn't believe them myself. But maybe they're more focused on the front-end sale and acquiring new customers.

But IF they are interested in knowing what those who leave (former customers) have to say, then I think they would monitor Exmormon.org for sure because it has the most discussion to learn from because of its size and age from many years of Search Engine Optimization and linking.

If they are not watching this site currently, they SHOULD be and WILL be someday for no other reason than that it will make them more money, and that they are not stupid when it comes to that.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 02:01PM

this statement is very true!
"If they are not watching this site currently, they SHOULD be and WILL be someday for no other reason than that it will make them more money, and that they are not stupid when it comes to that."
but their arrogance may get in the way!~! IF they are savvy...they would be here and read the stories..... if they were a good company that wanted to fix their PR problems....HOWEVER...they may not be able to...... so if that is the case(i think it is) they can do nothing except obfuscate and lie..... so.... since in reality that cant fix their "product" .... they may chose to ignore the "focus group site"(here) data!

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 02:18PM

So true. Even a con man could accept that he needs to know the inner workings of his mark's perception in order to overcome their concerns.

But the cult mindset of "never listen to those who leave" might be hard for them to overcome even if it would help them get what they want.

No wonder they say Self-Deception is the #1 cause of decreased effectiveness...it's impossible to make good decisions when you distort reality in your mind.

Another thought is that they know all the history, concerns, arguments, and issues that cause people to leave because it has been the exact same things, more or less, since the very beginning.

There may be nothing much more for them to learn about exmormons. Same shit...different year...same solution (ignore and defame). Specifics like Prop 8 and Shitty Creep Mall come and go, but maybe the main issues (it's a cult) don't change so neither does their approach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 02:19PM by athreehourbore.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 10:19PM

Shitty Creep Mall .........................:)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 02:29PM

Were their messing in politics to jeopardize their revenue streams, they may come here and other sites view their web crawlers a looking how to shore up the damage.

There have been many interesting ideas posed here about how they could change.

Date: September 09, 2011 02:51PM

I can only agree to “athreehourebore”
The LDS is a business. The product is salvation, and the promise of a celestial kingdom.
Each one of the customers become automatically a sales representative.
Me as a German I know the slogan:”Womans should get pregnant because the leader need soldiers”.
What is the difference?
LDS is truly a moneymaking Bank, not more and not less.

What would a TBM or a RfM say when their son or daughter that is 15 yr old come up with a great plan.
They found an Gas Station that they can work in. They put as much hours in the Gas Station that they can take, pay the Gas Station owner in addition $ 10 a month. This so called lucky employs keep the Station clean, renovate the station and pay the utility bill.
The outcome would be that they have a option (not sure) depending how much they paid cash in and how many hours they worked for the owner a 3 level free gas in a month system after the age of 70. But remember the Gas Station owner can change the rules as he pleases.

What would a TBM tell his child? I’ll think he will not allow his child to join the workforce there.
But when it comes to the Mormon Corp. than it is all of a sudden different and they don’t even get free gas at the age of 70.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 03:03PM

Buddy Joe Wrote:
> But when it comes to the Mormon Corp. than it is
> all of a sudden different and they don’t even
> get free gas at the age of 70.

Have you been to a Ward pot luck dinner in Utah?

The older members get all of the gas they need - for free.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 04:44PM

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 05:49PM

Explanation for those on the board whose first language is not english:

gas, here, means the air that comes out the back of their butts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 05:51PM by karin.

Date: September 09, 2011 06:12PM

Hahahahahaha good one
Is that so?????

Well – than I have a great Idea how Utahnians get rich. They all should do they pot luck parties down in Texas. In Texas they are building Gas Stations, prepaying their gas on the pump. Trucks running on gas or diesel. They have gas engines. They sometimes running out of gas and they are not allowed to carry more than 2 gal “gas” in a approved container in their vehicles trunk.
So go to Texas and get incredibly rich.

Posted by: TDG ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 06:38PM

I know for a fact the higher ups and ga's know and pay attention about the forums and exmembers . My grandfather was a ga for about 8 years and remember him talking about it. I don't know how detailed they look into but I know they are very aware of it.

Posted by: cakey ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 11:10PM

They do. For security purposes. So they know of any events or meetings they need to keep an eye on. Don't know if they care much about the pr aspect.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.