Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:29PM

I remember plenty of people telling me I was "destined for a great leadership position". Probably because of my education, and my army experience.

truth be told, since I was a "hormonal convert" that probably wouldn't have happened. I wasn't part of the "club" since I wasn't BIC.

There is a huge disparity in the callings received by mebers of old-line mormon families and everyone else.

I know it shouldn't matter to me any more, but the fact that the pioneer families regard themselves as some kind of Levites just really pi**es me off to this day...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:35PM

My patriarchal blessing tells me I was to serve in the highest quarters of the church, that my name would be in the annuals of the church forever and that I would have association with god's highest servants.

What happened is, I decided I would be the best, well read mo I could. I edumacated myself right out of the morg and any possible higher leadership.

Posted by: milamber ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:37PM

I have a lot of technical knowledge that I was always being 'called' to utilize.

When I became less than active, my last bishop commented on how they had to find someone else that could fix their computers and manage the ward website.

I guess it boils down to the fact that when they find a worker bee they work them to death and replace them as fast they can.

There is no great leadership position within the church. I once thought there was, but it was tied to my idea of what a great servant of god was supposed to be. I now know that it is nothing more than a good 'ol boys club and they 'promote' whoever will tow the line to keep the corporation running.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:45PM

And it's really just a way to get s**tloads of free labor out of you.

That was the thing that really honked me off and made me stop going to church.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:40PM

Unless he marries Mormon royalty, the best a convert can hope for is promotion to a middle-management position.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 04:41PM

My p blessing hinted that I would be a prophet for the church. I loved that as a teenager, but as an adult, it became very clear that that blessing was total bull.

What a surprise that the Morg acts just like every other organization made by man, who you know is way better than what you know.

Doesn't matter, they can have their crappy "volunteer" jobs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.