Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 06:04PM

I don't know what it is or how to get it without finding my baptism record from my Mom's house. Help! I wanna send that email NOW. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 06:22PM

Just your name and address is sufficient.

Any additional information you can provide speeds things along, like Ward/Branch or Membership number, but its not required.

Once they've received you notification, you are out. They are just at that point jumping through their own stupid hoops, which are not necessary to resign. All that is legally necessary is proof you notified them you resigned.

You don't have to speak to anyone or subject yourself to any discipline or meetings. YOU ARE OUT.

I recommend you google "How to resign from the Mormon Church." One of those websites will provide sample letters and instructions.

Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 06:23PM

Awesome, thanks. Here I go!

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 06:24PM

Go to www.mormonnomore.org - good help there.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 06:34PM

All they need is enough information to clearly identify your record. If you have a very unusual name, that and a birthdate should be sufficient. If your name is something like Heather Larsen, there's likely to be several of them, possibly even with the same birthdate. In a case like that, place of baptism and/or birth should resolve any ambiguity.

I once had two students in a class with the same first name, last name, and middle initial. That made recording grades a thrill. Stuff like that happens every once in a while.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 07:32PM

You may be asked to meet with the bishop or priesthood leaders. Remember, you are under NO OBLIGATION to meet with anyone. They have no authority to compel you to do anything.

One of the biggest revelations to me was the realization that the priesthood is meaningless. It has no real authority of any kind. And the "priesthood leaders" are just ordinary guys with made up titles in a bogus religion. The only power they have is what you give them - so don't do it!

You are the one who has authority over your own life. You are the person in control. Don't let anyone coerce or intimidate you into doing anything that feels uncomfortable or makes you uneasy.

Best wishes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 07:33PM by nebularry.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 09:05PM

Funny you ask that....Mormons are only numbers....that's it.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 12:20AM

I've been wondering how to get my membership number for years but this sounds like I don't need to bother. I figured that asking the MORG for my number would be similar to throwing a rock in a hornet's nest.

Ah well screw 'em I don't care if they ex me. I'm only staying in for family. But after 35 years of inactivity I don't think the family would be too shocked if I resigned.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.