Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 09:33PM

I saw it about a week or two ago. And I must say, I was highly impressed at what they got right. I read an article(years before I saw the episode), talking about the accuracies of the episode. And the seer stones were very confusing to me. That always seems to be quickly glazed over.

This of course was when I was still a pretty heavy believer. A few months after that I swayed. But due to feeling. No proof and a bit of pressure from friends, so I fell back relatively quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 09:34PM by anon123.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 09:50PM

but none of my TBM extended family are willing to watch it. They say it will make them angry.

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.

They prefer to think that the world honors and respects them... with the exception of the enemies of the church who are in league with Satan.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 10:56PM

Haha that is so weird, I just finished watching it! I think it's hilarious how insanely accurate the mormon family is- they got that bang on! I think people familiar with church will find it a lot funnier than those who don't really know anything about mormons just because they'll be able to laugh at how accurate it actually is...and how that is such a typical family home evening...and how everyone is so sickeningly nice!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 01:50AM

The SP episode should be required for all who search.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.